Scottish Golf Ballots

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Eg.

https://www.scottishgolf.org/exclusive-winter-tee-time-offers-return-for-scottish-golf-members/

I appreciate the deadline has gone, but does anyone know how the ballot is done ?

Is it done on number of SG members applying, or handicaps of those applying or just a random pick ?

Cant find it on the website, many thanks for any help (y)
used to be first come first served but gone to a ramdom ballot.. i think there has been over the last few years a significant entry.

My mate is mad on Muirfield and always puts in for that... in the 4 years its been on the ballot he hasn't been selected yet. when it was FCFS he got a tee time every time he applied

Its SGU members only by the way you have to give your details on the form i believe

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I don't know how the ballot actually works, my mate put in for Castle Stuart and Prestwick and got 4 ball tee times at both :Dhappy days :love:
did he put in for Muirfield or Troon?

4th year in a row my mate didn't get either of those, CS and Prest at least still do SGU offers the whole year

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Seemingly a member from Easter Moffat GC, won the ballot for both Troon and Muirfield this year.:cool:

My mate tried for Troon and didn't get it. I find it quite strange that SG have made such a pigs ear of it that some people can be successful in two ballots and some get zero, surely it would have made sense to accommodate more people by limiting each person to one fourball?

Guess they just wanted the cash in the bank.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My mate was initially unsuccessful for Prestwick but got a phone call a week later saying someone had pulled out and he was next on the list. Happy days

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My mate was initially unsuccessful for Prestwick but got a phone call a week later saying someone had pulled out and he was next on the list. Happy days

lucky he got a phone call they usually send a blanket email to all those who applied and then first come first served