Scottish Fitba'

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good second half performance from the Pars after being absolutely horrendous in the first and lucky to not be at least 3 down at halftime, poor again after we scored and only a worldie save from Fon Williams saving us a point!

I, like most Pars fans, am not convinced Grant is capable of turning this around as we have looked awful in every game so far and his arrogance and unwillingness to accept any blame for the state of things is beyond belief!

I’d be happy to see him relieved of his duties even this early in the season

Was I watching a different game??

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
At the Celtic game, just can't understand the system. Playing one of the best teams in Germany and our full backs seem to be told to stand in the centre circle. Has anybody ever seen these tactics before?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At the Celtic game, just can't understand the system. Playing one of the best teams in Germany and our full backs seem to be told to stand in the centre circle. Has anybody ever seen these tactics before?

Perhaps they are common in Australia or Japan? ?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another absolutely abysmal performance!

4 goals scored in 8 matches and now 4 points adrift at bottom of league

Peter Grant GTF

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another absolutely abysmal performance!

4 goals scored in 8 matches and now 4 points adrift at bottom of league

Peter Grant GTF

What few fans travelled didn't like this
Absolute shambles of an appointment. There is no way on earth that he should still be here in the morning.

I, for one, will not step foot back in EEP while he is still in charge and I know a lot of folk that have said exactly the same.

Edit: just been informed there is a board meeting at EEP tonight.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What few fans travelled didn't like this
Absolute shambles of an appointment. There is no way on earth that he should still be here in the morning.

I, for one, will not step foot back in EEP while he is still in charge and I know a lot of folk that have said exactly the same.

Terrible appointment to start with and the board themselves need to come out and apologise for getting it drastically wrong! Appointing a guy who just got a team relegated from the league you looking to get promoted from is bizarre, didn’t even apply for the job and even when spoke to thinks he is too important to even need a CV!

GTF

Edit: just been informed there is a board meeting at EEP tonight.

I hope it’s true about the board meeting and I hope it’s to announce his sacking! We are absolutely abysmal and don’t look like scoring a goal ever again!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Good win by the Saintees today - they must’ve been inspired by my visit to McDiarmid yesterday when me and my Mrs got invited by the club to go along and they’d get the Scottish and League Cups out of their display cabinet for us to hold and get some photos taken. Oh yes they did.

That’s why some of us choose to support a team that isn’t one of the ‘big boys’ and I may be tempted to post the evidence…??????????

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good win by the Saintees today - they must’ve been inspired by my visit to McDiarmid yesterday when me and my Mrs got invited by the club to go along and they’d get the Scottish and League Cups out of their display cabinet for us to hold and get some photos taken. Oh yes they did.

That’s why some of us choose to support a team that isn’t one of the ‘big boys’ and I may be tempted to post the evidence…??????????

Nice one. I know Hearts charged their fans to get their picture taken with the Scottish Cup.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Nice one. I know Hearts charged their fans to get their picture taken with the Scottish Cup.
I think they might have thought I was a potential sponsor…?.

A conversation with a bunch of blokes in the Methven Indian on Thursday night found one of them texting his pal Steve Brown (StJ chairman) asking if he could sort a visit for me the next morning. Around 11am Friday morning I got a phone call from Roddy Grant (Legend and in StJ Hall of Fame) asking if I could get to the club within the hour…Could I? You bet I could…?

And so an hour later saw me and my Mrs in a little room in the main stand holding both the Scottish League Cup and the Scottish Cup…the oldest national football trophy in the world. Both won the previous season by the wee club you’ve supported all your life. And that is something that the club is unlikely to ever do again, and something that will be rare in the future for any club outside of the old firm.

Wish my mum was still with us to see the photos as she was a StJ fan and we took her to the 2014 final (which we also won) but I like to think she was looking down smiling and cheering. Best thing that’s ever happened to me…well apart from the lass sharing the moment with me, and the kids…yes quite possibly.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

Post the pictures Hugh, a few on here will use them for darts practice :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Post the pictures Hugh, a few on here will use them for darts practice :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I know…? I have to work out how to reduce the size of a photo using my iPad as they are too large as they are…think I’ll post a pic under ‘things we are grateful for’…to give as many posters as possible a target for their darts ??

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know…? I have to work out how to reduce the size of a photo using my iPad as they are too large as they are…think I’ll post a pic under ‘things we are grateful for’…to give as many posters as possible a target for their darts ??
Right click ,select resize, save as resized. Oops that's using a lap top.

Last edited: