Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Reduced to playing an 18 and 21 year old center back pairing shows how weak the squad is.
The new Ossie manager has serious re building to do.
..and if they come looking to buy any two of Kerr, Gordon and McCart I hope we tell them where to shove their offer…unless of course it’s £20m for the pair.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Genuine question but if the price to pay for the trophy haul/domination in recent years meant celtic fans had to accept a couple of fallow years with zero trophies, would you take that?

Not at this point, but if you had asked me 11 years ago would I take 9 years of total domination and 2 years of winning nothing, I would have bitten your hand off :D

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pretty shambolic. New manager a massive risk, he talks a good game but has zero experience of managing outside Australia and Japan. That said, if they were going to get him, it should have happened months ago.

Glad to see we are finally making some signings but again, far too late. Assuming Hart and Mccarthy sign this week, we still need 2 decent full backs, another CB and a couple of decent strikers.
Don't take it the wrong way, but whilst I agree with you...I would be sitting down with all playing staff and asking" right-who doesn't want to be here? Because If that's the case,then you either play your way INTO a move OR I'll dump you into training with the lowest team we have ( and I'll be on your case every day-you are NOT going to take the piss out of this club and fans-It's my way OR I'll break you!!-DO NOT EFF ME ABOUT )
You may be looking at virtually a whole new team??..............But I do wish your mob reasonably well this season:whistle:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just a bit nervous about Galatasary away leg tomorrow. Their fans can’t believe that the total wage bill for our 46 player squad was only £1.5m last year - with our highest paid player being Glenn Middleton…though whether Saints paid his £3200/week I very much doubt. In fact we won’t have.

They can’t imagine losing to us…though some of their fans accept that Scottish teams are tough…but I fear a tanking …. Fingers crossed that the game is still alive after tomorrow.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hart and McCarthy seem like a couple of sensible singings for Celtic, if they can cope with the pace of Scottish Football;)
Hart has been shot for a few years now. I'm sure it is a nice pay day for him but I don't see that as a positive move for Celtic or their wage bill. McCarthy is a good player, that is a smart bit of business. All opinions of course.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Hart has been shot for a few years now. I'm sure it is a nice pay day for him but I don't see that as a positive move for Celtic or their wage bill. McCarthy is a good player, that is a smart bit of business. All opinions of course.
Hart might be shot but you obviously haven't seen the keepers at the club just now. A cardboard cut out of Joe Hart would be a step up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hart might be shot but you obviously haven't seen the keepers at the club just now. A cardboard cut out of Joe Hart would be a step up.
:oops:

That's a shame. A younger Joe Hart would have been an asset and justifiable but the version now is a pale imitation. I think it is lazy scouting that they could not have picked up someone better or cheaper.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
:oops:

That's a shame. A younger Joe Hart would have been an asset and justifiable but the version now is a pale imitation. I think it is lazy scouting that they could not have picked up someone better or cheaper.
Agree with the lazy scouting bit, managed to pay £5 million for a keeper that is not good at anything. Would be hard pushed to give him a free I reckon.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agree with the lazy scouting bit, managed to pay £5 million for a keeper that is not good at anything. Would be hard pushed to give him a free I reckon.

.........whilst at the same time letting Craig Gordon go.:eek:

Talented young goalie, Ross Doohan off to play on loan for Tranmere, It's all a bit bonkers.

Last edited:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't think Joe Hart inspired any confidence tonight, plus that defence look scared of the ball-didn't see any sign of anyone shouting for the ball to get it and play out of trouble.
Thought it was quite a nervy performance..........BUT 4 goals is good in anyone's language, just a pity they gave away 2 soft ones!
Should be enough to see them through at home eh??

Wonder if Lennon let Gordon go OR was it the bean counters??
Whoever it was is an idiot ( being v. v. polite there ). Sorry meant to say tosser- got confused:giggle:
Now want good result from St. Johnstone

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Still looks like the defence couldn't keep weans oot a close but I'm sure more players will be coming in. Ajeti must be useless in training cause he isn't getting a look in.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well never in my wildest dreams as a wee lad would I ever have imagined…St Johnstone well worth their 1-1 draw away to Galatasaray. For a life long supporter of a ‘diddy’ Scottish team this is stuff above and beyond. Back to McDiarmid Park next week and hopefully maybe 5,000 allowed in…can’t wait. Just brilliant.

And if any team wants Ali McCann - £3m please. Awesome he was tonight.

Note…back in early 70s SJ beat Hamburg and more recently (well in last 20yrs or so) drew with a really good Monaco team. Just in case anyone thinks that tonight was a one-off fluke ?

ps…how could I forget about Rosenberg … anyway … ?‍♂️???????

Last edited:

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Well never in my wildest dreams as a wee lad would I ever have imagined…St Johnstone well worth their 1-1 draw away to Galatasaray. For a life long supporter of a ‘diddy’ Scottish team this is stuff above and beyond. Back to McDiarmid Park next week and hopefully maybe 5,000
Great result tonight. Hopefully finish the job in Perth.