Scotland golf trip - need some straight answers!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
there's a cracking pitch and putt in southport,depends on the type of golf you like, i'm not a lover of links so some of those course don't appeal to me and yes i was tongue in cheek everyone knows SCOTLAND is the home of golf and has the best courses,you keep telling us!.

I know we do and for good reason buddy ;-)

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Of course Im biased, Dundee has over 48 courses within 24 miles of the city.
The hidden gems include Kirrimuir, Edzel and of course the favourites down by the coast with Barry and Monifeth.
You can even travel to Blairgowrie and sample playing along a sloping hillside at the Rosemount.

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks to you all for your advice. It's appreciated for sure.

Looking like East Lothian for sure and perhaps moving further North for the subsequent trips.

Just need to narrow it down to the 5 courses and sort accommodation. Marine hotel looks too pricey. Will enquire about the Lodge at Craigelaw.

Thanks once again.

Try The Nether Abbey in North Berwick maybe http://www.netherabbey.co.uk/ for accommodation. As for courses Gullane 2 & 3 are excellent value. The Glen in North Berwick. The West in North Berwick might be out of price range although a day ticket can be had for £120. Craigielaw, Kilspindie etc etc With a group your size it will be definitely worth haggling though

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You can even travel to Blairgowrie and sample playing along a sloping hillside at the Rosemount.

Grumpy have you been to Blairgowrie? The reason I ask is that neither of our courses could be described as being on a sloping hillside.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Of course Im biased, Dundee has over 48 courses within 24 miles of the city.
The hidden gems include Kirrimuir, Edzel and of course the favourites down by the coast with Barry and Monifeth.

Hillside??

Nope,that must have passed me by each time I have played there.

bogside84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can I suggest that you get your dates fixed and then look in Golf in Scotland Open competitions you can play some wonderful golf courses at less than 1/2 price and then fill in the rest of the trip round this.I stay in the West Coast (Irvine,Ayrshire) it has courses from very expensive £240 to £10 a round it just depends what your budget is. If I can be of any help please get in touch.

Laughing Gravy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
why Scotland?plenty of top courses in the north west of England that match any up north and you don't need a translator or funny money!

Scotland, as we've done England or Wales or Ireland for the for the past 8 years so time for a change and some of us have never done Scotland so next year is the year.

Laughing Gravy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i was only jocking!!!!!!!!

I'm with you. way too sharp for me!!

Thinking of these for the trip then:

Longniddry
Gullane 2
Royal Musselborough
Dunbar Or North Berwick of can get decent price
Craigelaw

Decent mix/list - any suggested changes bearing in mind cost?

We're there for 5 days so looking at a mix of types of course, so not all Links and trying to keep the costs down a bit too.

Accommodation proving a bit tricky for 16 of us. The Lodge at Craigelaw will be ready but too pricey as is the Marine hotel. Nether Abbey booked up already according to the online results. May try and bell them.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Longniddry
Gullane 2
Royal Musselborough
Craigelaw

We're there for 5 days so looking at a mix of types of course, so not all Links and trying to keep the costs down a bit too.

Accommodation proving a bit tricky for 16 of us. The Lodge at Craigelaw will be ready but too pricey as is the Marine hotel. Nether Abbey booked up already according to the online results. May try and bell them.

Time allowing you might want to play Gullane No.3 the day you play No.2, they may do you a deal. It's a good combo as 2 is quite wide and long where No.3 is shorter and tighter so you get a good mix of golfing test.

Laughing Gravy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Time allowing you might want to play Gullane No.3 the day you play No.2, they may do you a deal. It's a good combo as 2 is quite wide and long where No.3 is shorter and tighter so you get a good mix of golfing test.

Yes good call thanks. Although not sure some of the elder folk in the party will agree :)

seochris

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Longniddry
Gullane 2
Royal Musselborough
Craigelaw

You must go to North Berwick (west links) if you are in the area.....one of the most fun places I have played full of history and in superb condition.

Also for accomodation have you tried the North berwick Golf Lodge? Not sure how many they can accomodate but worth a pop!