Scotland Debate

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Adi.....I see the lunchtime BBC Radio political discussion was from Port Glasgow....were you there.
Hands up poll at the end had the audience split exactly 50-50 to keep Trident.

Some were saying that there will be a jobs bonanza in the area with the West Coast oil fields.

I heard some of this. Seems early exploration suggested there "might" be oil there but MOD kyboshed further exploration. So, it appears fair to conclude that there "might not" be any/much oil there after all.....?

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Adi.....I see the lunchtime BBC Radio political discussion was from Port Glasgow....were you there.
Hands up poll at the end had the audience split exactly 50-50 to keep Trident.

Some were saying that there will be a jobs bonanza in the area with the West Coast oil fields.

Missed all of this, wifey in hospital for the past week so kinda out the loop.

Find it interesting that port glasgow was only 50/50...I'd expect that area to be more weighted to keeping them, considering the suggestion of mass job losses.Maybe that myth is starting to faulter too.

Yet to be convinced about oil in the west, but it's worth a look.And having been to the outer hebrides quite a bit, the folk I talk to see themselves as Scottish (even the english), much more so than the orkadians

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know some of the Stranraer folks were getting all excited about oil a few years ago.
Talking about Loch Ryan being the new Sullum Voe

There was also talk on the radio about Shetland voting independently to stay in the UK if there is a Yes vote.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

I know some of the Stranraer folks were getting all excited about oil a few years ago.

There was also talk on the radio about Shetland voting independently to stay in the UK if there is a Yes vote.

So let me get this right

IF there is a yes vote - the Shetland want to have another vote to stay in the UK for them ?

Does that not speak volumes ?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

then they got excited about electricity and the horseless carriage!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
CBI what a bunch of clowns.
Fastest attempted U turn in the history of British politics.
These people are supposed to be advisers to British Industry.

Thank you BBC for showing what you stand for.

D

Deleted member 15344

CBI what a bunch of clowns.
Fastest attempted U turn in the history of British politics.
These people are supposed to be advisers to British Industry.

Thank you BBC for showing what you stand for.

Eh ?

Any clues for everyone about what you are talking about ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh do keep up!

CBI came out in support for the naesayers a couple of days ago.

It now seems like that decision was made by the person who delivers their milk.

Basically more mess then - no surprise

So are Scotland not bothered by Shetland choice ? Or will it be ignored by the yes campaign because "not many people live there"