Scotland Debate

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
the positive reason for voting no is no separation- seems pretty simple, not sure what's confusing you (repeatedly) over that

Clearly I am not alone in being 'confused'. Maybe all those 'confused' scots voters really need a good talking to about 'positivity' and what that means in the context of BT

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If the positive thing to do for the naesayers is nothing then it does not appear to be working.

Latest polls are very close and the many don't knows [mainly female] are waiting for the last minute. A pretty big 17%.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anyone met anyone or even heard of a mate of a friend's dad's auntie who knows a guy who works at that little place round the corner that has actually been polled?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
So, it's a case of please England, can you defend our air space/waters.....we'll pay you if you do?

I don't recall Ukraine's neighbours jumping to their defence recently.

God forbid if wee eck actually achieves his aims. We would be a separate nation, no union, no defence pact, not in NATO (in a lot of peeps opinion) , no one knows what our army , air force and navy would consist of and we would be dependant on England (who have just been told to get Trident out) to protect our interest!!!
Yep, sounds good to me........

What we have maybe ain't 100% wonderful, but it's better than a lot of countries have, it kinda works and has done for years.

For England read UK,Britain....whatever y'all wanna call it. :)

Never knew Alistair Carmichael posted on here, that's about as lucid as he gets too.

Maybe not lucid to your blinkered view, or is sarcasm the best you can come up with when someone posts a very valid, albeit, direct point.

C

c1973

Never knew Alistair Carmichael posted on here, that's about as lucid as he gets too.

It seemed perfectly lucid to me. :mmm:

Unlike yourself I won't be making snide comments on your posts :blah::blah::blah: and the unbalanced content contained therein. There's so many it would take too much time.

Beginning to think you could be on their payroll mind you.

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe not lucid to your blinkered view, or is sarcasm the best you can come up with when someone posts a very valid, albeit, direct point.

It seemed perfectly lucid to me. :mmm:

Unlike yourself I won't be making snide comments on your posts :blah::blah::blah: and the unbalanced content contained therein. There's so many it would take too much time.

Beginning to think you could be on their payroll mind you.
Well that was easier than I expected.

C

c1973

He was fishing mate

He might have been.

Me? I reckon he just struggles responding without something he's lifted from another site, newspaper etc. Hence, the pithy comments about other folks viewpoint. Takes all sorts though. :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So, it's a case of please England, can you defend our air space/waters.....we'll pay you if you do?

I don't recall Ukraine's neighbours jumping to their defence recently.

God forbid if wee eck actually achieves his aims. We would be a separate nation, no union, no defence pact, not in NATO (in a lot of peeps opinion) , no one knows what our army , air force and navy would consist of and we would be dependant on England (who have just been told to get Trident out) to protect our interest!!!
Yep, sounds good to me........

What we have maybe ain't 100% wonderful, but it's better than a lot of countries have, it kinda works and has done for years.

For England read UK,Britain....whatever y'all wanna call it. :)

Well can you actually state what iScotland actually needs to be defended against?

Norway and Sweden are similar sized economies and don't have issues with defence, even though they are rather closer to the perceived power to be defended against!

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well can you actually state what iScotland actually needs to be defended against?

Norway and Sweden are similar sized economies and don't have issues with defence, even though they are rather closer to the perceived power to be defended against!

Let me just pop out to the shed and get my crystal ball.

D

Deleted member 15344

Norway and Sweden arent looked upon as one the "evil powers connected to the US"

The UK is and Scotland is currently part of that and geographically will still be attached post sept

C

c1973

No, I can't. No one can unless they have a crystal ball. But, I do answer questions that are put to me, if I can, unlike some I've noticed.

"And if they do (as I believe they - selfishly - do) then dialogue between the 2 countries would create protocols for the same sort of thing to happen.
Simples; little change; nothing to worry about. And the cost for iScotland is only for the times it actually 'uses the service'! And for the elements of defence it actually wants/needs!"

I trust you can substantiate this as you appear to be passing it off as factual?

Anyway, I have a vote, I've made up my OWN mind how I'll use that vote and look forward to wee eck and his cronies greetin about the result. So, I'll leave the debate to the people who seem to know best but don't actually have a say. :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Doesn't matter if your confused. You don't have a vote.

You are correct I do not get a vote - but that does not stop me hoping that both sides put forward arguments that enable the votes to be cast on positive recognition of benefits provided if at all possible.

And so I'm not at all confused and can understand perfectly well that there is a difference between voting NO because you don't fancy YES, and voting NO because you understand the benefits inherent in staying in the UK.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
"And if they do (as I believe they - selfishly - do) then dialogue between the 2 countries would create protocols for the same sort of thing to happen.
Simples; little change; nothing to worry about. And the cost for iScotland is only for the times it actually 'uses the service'! And for the elements of defence it actually wants/needs!"

I trust you can substantiate this as you appear to be passing it off as factual?

Read what you quoted again - noting the difference between 'would' and 'will'!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site