Scoring Stableford with a handicap of 41

Haveno Woods

Visit site
Hi,
I recently joined my local club and have been given a club handicap of 41. If I play in a 4 ball better ball competition, how do I receive strokes under the Stableford scoring system. Hope I've explained this clearly enough.
Regards

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Almost certainly you’ll be getting 90% of the difference between your handicap and the handicap of the best player in your group as they are the benchmark for your group.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Almost certainly you’ll be getting 90% of the difference between your handicap and the handicap of the best player in your group as they are the benchmark for your group.

It doesn't sound like matchplay, so he/she will be playing off 90% of his/her handicap.

User20204

Visit site
Slightly off topic but I played in a stableford game at the weekend while over in NI and I just couldn't get my head round players getting two shots on a 100 yard, downhill par 3, blows my mind.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
You will (should) get 90% - of 41 = 37 shots, which you then use as set out in post #5 above to establish your stableford score for each hole.
You then compare that with your partners score on each hole and the better score is your teams score for that hole.
Add up you best hole scores to get you team score for the round.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Slightly off topic but I played in a stableford game at the weekend while over in NI and I just couldn't get my head round players getting two shots on a 100 yard, downhill par 3, blows my mind.

But they also probably got 2 shots on the uphill 440 yard par 4, its stableford that the way the game works