Stableford points

Darrengrice

Visit site
I recently scored a hole in one on a par 4, the stroke index was 16, my playing handicap at the time was 16, so I received a shot, could anyone tell me how many Stableford points I should receive, my playing partner insists it is 6, but I feel it should have been 7 ?

D

Deleted member 15344

I recently scored a hole in one on a par 4, the stroke index was 16, my playing handicap at the time was 16, so I received a shot, could anyone tell me how many Stableford points I should receive, my playing partner insists it is 6, but I feel it should have been 7 ?

1 for 6 points

4 for 3
3 for 4
2 for 5
1 for 6

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Work it back from a nett 4 scoring 2 points and your nett score of 0 works out at 6 points.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
How long was the hole?
Which course?
What driver were you using?
What make of ball?
Was it downhill wind assisted?
What was the bar bill afterwards?
How many aces have you had?

Nett 4-under = 6 stableford points. Boring. :D

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How long was the hole?
Which course?
What driver were you using?
What make of ball?
Was it downhill wind assisted?
What was the bar bill afterwards?
How many aces have you had?

Nett 4-under = 6 stableford points. Boring. :D
what colour socks?
did you change shoes in the car park?

D

Deleted member 25172

Perhaps OP is talking about Stapleford points? If so, it could indeed be 7. I'm not too clued up on how they're being calculated.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it is a par 4 and you get a shot, your revised par is 5. If you take 5 shots, you get 2 points for achieving your revised par. Therefore, 4 shots get you 3 points, 3 shots 4 points, 2 shots 5 points and hence 1 shot 6 points. It is most definitely 6 points … end of.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
In many, many decades of playing golf, this is the first time I have ever heard the Stableford scoring system explained and expressed this way. Same net result though.

You say tomato, I say.....

I always used that same method for tracking my progress through each hole (just in stableford comps obviously)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In many, many decades of playing golf, this is the first time I have ever heard the Stableford scoring system explained and expressed this way. Same net result though.

You say tomato, I say.....
'Revised par' just another way of saying nett par surely? Means the same.