Saturday society round

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m trying to organise a small society outing (12 max) of decent golfers (4-13 handicaps) at a good course in May. I’m looking to spend no more than 60 per head and it needs to be on a Saturday not a million miles from Hampshire. It’s proving to be a tough ask. Suggestions / help would be very welcome!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am not surprised you are struggling, I only know of one club in our area which takes societies on a Saturday (they play their medals on a Sunday). Our club does not allow any visitors on a Saturday except for members guests, on the 18 hole course.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would think that most decent members clubs wouldn’t accommodate a society on a Saturday, as that’s when the majority of seven day members would want to play (based on experience at my club)

might be be better off looking for a hotel type course

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I would think that most decent members clubs wouldn’t accommodate a society on a Saturday, as that’s when the majority of seven day members would want to play (based on experience at my club)

might be be better off looking for a hotel type course

Yeh - must be a few courses without clubs attached to them or clubs that have 2 courses in their property.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My golf society plays mainly during the week, but over the last two years we have played on a Saturday at:

Donnington Valley
Epsom
Horton Park
Drift
Cowdray Park
Surrey Downs

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’m trying to organise a small society outing (12 max) of decent golfers (4-13 handicaps) at a good course in May. I’m looking to spend no more than 60 per head and it needs to be on a Saturday not a million miles from Hampshire. It’s proving to be a tough ask. Suggestions / help would be very welcome!

I'm sure my club has hosted small societies at weekends if you want to contact them. We're heading into the main season and so there are comps and matches on so I guess it'll depend to a degree how flexible you can be about start times etc. What about Tylney Park? Not a great clubhouse so not sure what food options you'll get but some great pubs in the nearby village (Rotherwick???) that may be able to you a deal