Sat 16th Aug-Tues 19th Aug looking for games in the NW

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Day 4 NW tour:
After (yet another) late night, woke up this morning to torrential rain.
Google maps said the journey to Pleasington Golf Club would take 55 minutes.
30 minutes later, arrived at P.G.C!!

Meeting up with QWERTY in around half an hour. Rain has all but disappeared and there's blue sky's.
Course looks lovely and looking forward to playing a good competitive match with Dave.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Day 4 NW tour:
After (yet another) late night, woke up this morning to torrential rain.
Google maps said the journey to Pleasington Golf Club would take 55 minutes.
30 minutes later, arrived at P.G.C!!

Meeting up with QWERTY in around half an hour. Rain has all but disappeared and there's blue sky's.
Course looks lovely and looking forward to playing a good competitive match with Dave.

Enjoy - I really like Pleasington. It gets better the more you play it. Steady's Dave's tought to beat round his home course but with you finding form it'll be a close match. Last time I played there with Dave he went round in 3 over and doubled the last :) :)

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Enjoy - I really like Pleasington. It gets better the more you play it. Steady's Dave's tought to beat round his home course but with you finding form it'll be a close match. Last time I played there with Dave he went round in 3 over and doubled the last :) :)

Well psychic Andy, you got that spot on!!! Steady Dave was just that, .... Steady. Really enjoyed the course. It's a classic parkland with great views, cracking greens and a really friendly welcome.

I thought I was going to take part in my first ever match with no halved holes..... 18 straight wins....we managed 17 without a half and it was a real ding dong match with Dave up most if the time. I pegged him back and went up the last just 1 down needing a win for the half and that record of 9 winning holes each.

I secured the par and with Dave facing a 25 footer for a half, assumed I had done enough.......Dave however had other plans and slotted the putt in and I had to cancel the call to the Guiness Book of World Records.

To be fair, it was probably the right result.

Just want to say thanks to Dave and everyone else that has contributed to me having one of my most memorable golfing breaks.

This forum really is the dogs wotsits when it comes to arranging games away and I've made new friends and caught up with old ones.

It's been a roller coaster trip and one I'll never forget.......God bless you all!!!!:whoo:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well psychic Andy, you got that spot on!!! Steady Dave was just that, .... Steady. Really enjoyed the course. It's a classic parkland with great views, cracking greens and a really friendly welcome.

I thought I was going to take part in my first ever match with no halved holes..... 18 straight wins....we managed 17 without a half and it was a real ding dong match with Dave up most if the time. I pegged him back and went up the last just 1 down needing a win for the half and that record of 9 winning holes each.

I secured the par and with Dave facing a 25 footer for a half, assumed I had done enough.......Dave however had other plans and slotted the putt in and I had to cancel the call to the Guiness Book of World Records.

Just want to say thanks to Dave and everyone else that has contributed to me having one of my most memorable golfing breaks.

This forum really is the dogs wotsits when it comes to arranging games away and I've made new friends and caught up with old ones.

It's been a roller coaster trip and one I'll never forget.......God bless you all!!!!:whoo:

Thanks again for coming over Rick,I really enjoyed the game. Its Whats golfs all about for me.. Good company on a nice course on a sunny summers morning, on a weekday as well when I'm usually in work makes it even more enjoyable :D

Like you say it really was a ding dong match and I thought I'd blown it when you got it back to all square on 14 after me choking my way around the green. I just wish I could hole putts like that on 18 with a medal card in my hand.

Glad you enjoyed the course today and the weekend, See you at H4H. :thup:

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Can't beat Northern hospitality Rick but you'll know that anyway being a Northerner ;).

Sounds like a few top days golf pal, glad you had a good time