Deleted member 15344

Still can't do that bottom button up I see :D

Sounds like you are having a cracking time :thup:

Enjoy Lytham

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
which knob drives a white bmw then? :)

sounds like a tough test Rick, enjoy the Northern hospitality whilst it lasts, soon be back to all the miserable southern sods ;)

Lol.....had to abandon it there as I couldn't find a parent and child space........... :whistle:

Hospitality was first rate.......Iain was a brilliant host..........There's a war time event theme going on in Lytham all weekend.....the usual collection of Vera Lynn's, soldiers, sailors, airmen, dad's army etc were out in force in the pubs.........but one guy was dressed up in a Nazi outfit!! :eek:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry we didn't get out to join you last night for a drink Rick. Enjoy it at ours today:) HID is there before you playing his quarter final matchplay competition and I'll be practicing later on.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Day 2 of the NW tour:

Nursing a severe hangover as it's the first time I've drunk alcohol since June 16th due to the diet ( 7.5 KG lost now-although might have put that all back on last night:eek:)

Full English awaits in the breakfast room.......looking at the other guests around me I can't help but think that this hotel desperately could do with a defibrillator !!:rofl:

Then it's off to Fairhaven for a windy round with Iain,( NWJocko), Qwerty and Junior.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Day 2 ( cont)
After a hearty breakfast, I drove the short mile to Fairhaven Golf Club.
Have to say I'm mightily impressed by this place... Lovely, lovely course.

Met up with Ian, Qwerty and Junior ( who polished off a MASSIVE full English!)
Threw the balls up and it was Qwerty and me vs Junior and Ian ( who had just won his divisional medal the day before but was still insisting he was hacking it everywhere!)

Well all I'll say about the golf is that if you look up "dovetail" in the dictionary it will say Ian and Andy!!

I can see how Ian won his medal, his shot selection off the tee was impeccable unlike mine and Dave's.
Ian played the majority of his approach shots from the fairway and Dave and I mainly from the rough.

With Andy playing good golf as well, we never stood a chance and ended up losing the front nine, back nine and overall.
Again, the company and hospitality was excellent and the banter was in plentiful supply.

Met up with Chellie and her other half Simon ( who had just won his 1/4 final knockout Match! ) :thup:
Had a couple of drinks then drove to the Grand hotel.
Bumped into one of the FedEx hosts and another finalist in the car park who had also just played Fairhaven for £80 each!!!!
(My £20 green fee courtesy of Ian was much better value!

Wow, what a lovely hotel!!
My room even has a downstairs bathroom! There was a nice welcome pack on the bed as well.

Meeting up with the other finalists at 8pm for drinks and dinner. Seriously need to drink less than last night. Ian reckons we had about 11 pints and 5 shots but I don't remember!
image.jpg
Some photos.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry but i reckon these type of posts should be banned !!!

Just not jealous enough !! - looks a cracking course and lovely view - play well tomorrow Rick :thup:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
No mention of the wind, it was blowing a gale in Salford, must have been far worse at Fairhaven.

I am looking forward to playing there with Chellie in the invitation next month

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the game game today gents.

Really enjoyable day on the course, great laugh and some good stuff played by all especially given the conditions :thup:

Me and Andy played pretty well today and had the luck (my 4 for a half on the par 3 having been 3 off the tee a prime example!!) aswell.

Any day I'm holing chips and putts with my iffy short game you know the gods are against you :rofl:

Enjoy the evening tonight Rick and good luck tomorrow at Lytham :cheers:

Having a well deserved beer after being out in that wind 2 days running!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the game today gents....course was superb as always but the company and the banter was better!!! The wind was brutal, but i cant complain as it did literally blow my putt in on the 2nd for a 2 :) Im never playing Iain for money around there !!

Play well at Lytham tomorrow Rick.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice to meet you Rick and to catch up with Andy and Dave again. Glad you enjoyed our place and hope you have a fab day tomorrow:D

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Day 2/3 NW tour update.....
: 2 am.....still in bar with crazy Irish guys drinking free booze.....( so much for the no alcohol pledge before the final tomorrow (today??).

Most guys went to bed early ...(obviously desperate to win this thing) ........clear favourites emerging listening to some of the tales at dinner....

"I'm off 15, but used to play off 9"

"I qualified with 37 points with 3 blobs...and won longest drive and nearest the pin!!"

21 handicapper....." I can only hit my (bladed) 3 iron 220 yards now after my coach changed my swing" !!!!!!!!!!!

Decided that getting to the final was my victory and decided to have a ball instead with the real golfers in the bar......looks like no chance tomorrow ..just hope I'm not out with any of the above..........

We convinced an old couple in the bar that one of the Irish guys was Padraig Harrington, the other one was Ronan Keating and that I was George Clooney and that we are playing in a pro am......they seemed chuffed with their selfies and autographs!!! :eek: :rofl:
Said they would come up and watch us...........

Ps did i mention I'm never drinking again.....:whistle:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope the heads not too bad this morning Rick. You've a cracking day for it. Didn't think it would be after the horrendous winds last night!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Day 3.
Not as windy as yesterday! Head sore....
Out first at 11:10. Just soaking up the history and atmosphere! Then getting ready to walk the path of legends

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok nothing official yet, they are keeping tight lipped but I think I might have won it!!!!

Find out tonight at the presentation dinner....stay tuned!