Same length clubs but ball speed much higher with lower irons

Bamberdele21

Visit site
One of the questions I would ask is

Although the shafts are the same length are the kick points the same?

In a set of clubs with stepped shafts in this can be seen by how far the first step is from the hosel. The first step gets progressively closer to the head as the club gets more lofted.

Would this be documented anywhere in the specs?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
One of the questions I would ask is

Although the shafts are the same length are the kick points the same?

In a set of clubs with stepped shafts in this can be seen by how far the first step is from the hosel. The first step gets progressively closer to the head as the club gets more lofted.

You ight be interested in the short-lived Slazenger Timeflex shafts then, very close steps but big variation in where they appear!

3 iron at the top of the first pic and PW at the bottom.

1645032439141.png
1645032537207.png

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You ight be interested in the short-lived Slazenger Timeflex shafts then, very close steps but big variation in where they appear!

3 iron at the top of the first pic and PW at the bottom.

View attachment 41214
View attachment 41215

To be able to compare it is important that the clubs are in order and lined up so that hosels are all in a straight line. ps the PW and SW are often the same.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
To be able to compare it is important that the clubs are in order and lined up so that hosels are all in a straight line. ps the PW and SW are often the same.

These are deliberately different down the clubs, I've put a rough line in to show where the first step is.

And the second picture is of the 8, 9 and PW, the steps are all bunched together, on these clubs right near the grip, whereas on the longer irons they're a lot further down.
I've never seen shafts like them.

1645043007096.png
1645043026108.png