Ryder Cup style match YORKSHIRE V NE ... Sun 2nd March

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
As a mad keen Middlesbrough supporter I can tee off anytime, especially when they are on the TV! "C'mon Boro!"

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Sunderland lads could tee at a normal time, the cup will go to pens and they'll still be taking them as the rounds finishes, hell Sunderland miss more penalties than I miss 4 foot putts.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Sunderland lads could tee at a normal time, the cup will go to pens and they'll still be taking them as the rounds finishes, hell Sunderland miss more penalties than I miss 4 foot putts.

Ahhhh.... Getting to Penalties..... what Gallic Geordies dream of :rofl:

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not part of the match myself, but at my home club we play a Ryder cup style match, where the matches are played as a 4BBB Matchplay, but each player keeps a stableford score. One point is given for the wining side of the Matchplay and then individual points on given based on the stableford scoring in a random draw of cards between the two sides. Adds a great atmosphere to the proceedings as what you think is a very poor 27 points manages gets drawn against a 20 point card from the other team. Always has some good banter in the bar.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not part of the match myself, but at my home club we play a Ryder cup style match, where the matches are played as a 4BBB Matchplay, but each player keeps a stableford score. One point is given for the wining side of the Matchplay and then individual points on given based on the stableford scoring in a random draw of cards between the two sides. Adds a great atmosphere to the proceedings as what you think is a very poor 27 points manages gets drawn against a 20 point card from the other team. Always has some good banter in the bar.
Sounds a good idea for the Summer but may prove to be a little protracted in the Winter..... thanks anyway:thup:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Players representing (God’s own County) YORKSHIRE - Team of 12 so far 9 PAID
:blah: Just awaiting a couple of confirmations :blah:
Dave Williams (2Blue) (12) ALL PAID
Drawboy, Wayne (S Leeds) (12) Deposit paid
Tyke, Rick, (Newark) (15) Deposit paid
Johnny Walker (Goose Eye, Keighley) (22) Deposit paid
Andrea Walker (Goose Eye, Keighley) (29) Deposit paid
Kath Smith (Branshaw GC) (21) Deposit paid
Bali Chana (Wike) (12) Member
David Kerns (Wike) (19) Member
Hammer, Greg (Wheatley GC, Doncaster) (14) Deposit paid
Lump, James (Normanton GC) (6) Deposit paid
Mark Inman (Alwoodley) (10)
Dave Boulby (Guest) (16) Deposit paid
Andy Barrett (Elsham GC) (12) Provisional
Reserves-
1st Steve Galbraith (Horsforth GC) (11)
2nd Peter Sandhu (Wike) (11) Member

North Eastern Team of 14 so far 13 PAID
:whoo:TEAM COMPLETE!!!!:whoo:

Wayman, Craig. (Chester le street GC) (6) Deposit paid
Jim (Geordie) Morris (Wike Club Captain 2014) (18)
Moogie, Brian. (Westerhope GC) (9) Deposit paid
Kellfire (15) Deposit paid
Beezerk, Martyn (Chester le street GC) (20) Deposit paid
Richy Deposit paid
Khamelion, Dave (Whickham GC) (17) Deposit paid
Kraxx, Stu (15) Whickham GC) Deposit paid
Bozza (20) (Blackwell Grange GC) Deposit paid
Hobbit, Bri (5) Deposit paid
Kev Williams (Brancepeth GC) (14) ALL PAID
Chris Atkinson (Brancepeth GC) (10) ALL PAID
Steve Gowland (Brancepeth GC) (9) ALL PAID
Johnna Gowland (Brancepeth GC) (4) ALL PAID

To summarize..... it's a B/Ball MatchPlay event at Wike Ridge N Leeds on Sun 2nd March tees from 10.15am ....
Bacon sarnie & coffee
10.15am first tee
Roast Dinner & presentations
Cost £30 + perhaps, a couple of quid for unique Annual Trophy & Nearest Pins

**Prize Offers so far**
Bali...... sleeves of balls Good man
Moogie…. Sleeve of balls
Kellfire….. Bringing something
Bozza…… Donating a golf umbrella
Wayman….. bringing something :D
A unique Competition Trophy has been commissioned & is now completed.

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm bringing the cup back from wembley :)

Dave what happens if we ain't got all same numbers per team

We'll defo be 14 a-side mate..... its all a matter where I get them from :D
DrawBoy.... I'll find you a lovely partner;)..... thanks for prize!!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok mate just hope it even sides
Put me down for a sleeve too
Thanks for the generous prize offers fellas :thup:......
Craig, I think your idea of a point each for front 9, back 9, overall will help to even things out..... so I anticipate no probs there. If you pick your pairings when you're ready then I'll match up with mine.... likely to be a high with a low H/Capper. You may fancy pairing up with Club V/Captain, & nice guy, Geordie-Jim who can talk you around the course, in more ways than one :blah: :D
I'd like to get out early with you so I can be back in to process the results & keep an eye on the Final. If I can get all the start stuff processed in advance and a helper briefed, then I will..... all looking good, including course which still has never been shut nor moved from full greens..... those who are suffering course restrictions on theirs are going to be impressed with Wike's playing conditions.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dave ill message you the pairings either tonight or tomorrow
Ill partner the captain Jim
Sure ill remind him of the score last week a couple of times :)

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the generous prize offers fellas :thup:......
Craig, I think your idea of a point each for front 9, back 9, overall will help to even things out..... so I anticipate no probs there. If you pick your pairings when you're ready then I'll match up with mine.... likely to be a high with a low H/Capper. You may fancy pairing up with Club V/Captain, & nice guy, Geordie-Jim who can talk you around the course, in more ways than one :blah: :D
I'd like to get out early with you so I can be back in to process the results & keep an eye on the Final. If I can get all the start stuff processed in advance and a helper briefed, then I will..... all looking good, including course which still has never been shut nor moved from full greens..... those who are suffering course restrictions on theirs are going to be impressed with Wike's playing conditions.

I can attest to the fact the course is in great condition, really enjoyed the game with 2blue on Sunday. The sunday dinner we had after was phenomenal as well. My brother says that he can play in this now if there is still space.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can attest to the fact the course is in great condition, really enjoyed the game with 2blue on Sunday. The sunday dinner we had after was phenomenal as well. My brother says that he can play in this now if there is still space.
Many thanks Josh.... yes, great to meet you all on Sunday. Will let you and Wes know about the situation... hope to be able to work something out... all the best