Run out of balls.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always have around 20 balls in my bag. It goes back to my early days when I could lose lots in a round. Now I regularly keep the same ball all 18 but I don't let the levels drop. Old habits............if I lose 20 balls in a round then surely it is time to walk in anyway 😁

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I remember discovering I had only three balls in my bag when playing in an important competition.
I thought I had put six new balls in the bag the night before but had left them on the kitchen table.
It didn't half concentrate my mind especially as I found out when playing a provisional on an early hole.
I played pretty conservative stuff and scored well.:LOL:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not in a comp

I have done it a couple of times playing on my own on our 9 hole course with just 2 balls. Necessitated a look through the undergrowth to continue after putting both balls in the river.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A couple of years ago I was playing Pinheiros Altos in Portugal. I started the round with 7 balls and by the 13 still had 6 of them. And by the 14th still had 5, and 4 on the 15th, and so on. Started the 18th with 1 ball left. Hit an enormous hooked drive onto the driving range so ended up walking in, thankful that at least it was the last hole, and the last round of our holiday.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a tad of OCD. I always have 12 in my bag plus two in my glove to start the round (one in play and provisional). Far rather have a spare in my pocket as some holes it makes more sense to leave the bag bag up the fairway than taking it all the way to the tee, and so saves time should it go wrong.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I always have around 20 balls in my bag. It goes back to my early days when I could lose lots in a round. Now I regularly keep the same ball all 18 but I don't let the levels drop. Old habits............if I lose 20 balls in a round then surely it is time to walk in anyway 😁

You must have improved a lot since the last time we played together :D

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I once played with a guy who was into golfing sayings. He came in after a round in really bad conditions and said he had a "Prince Charles Round". Someone fell for it and asked him to explain and he said he had lost "one does" balls. (A favourite phrase of the next king apparently).

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Happened to me twice. Once out on my own and my last ball sat ontop of ice laughing at me as I walked off the 18th like a plonker.

The other time was when I had an absolute mare around lough erne. Driver all over the shop. At the time I didnt have another other clubs i could fall back to off the tee. Hitting irons was never an option either. Hooks and lost balls galore. Had to get a lend to complete the round.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Come very close. Was playing a round at Heaton park with a mate a while ago and we were down to 1 each for the last 4 holes. Not the best place to be in that position. Lots of blind tees.

Somehow made it