Rules - Declaring a ball lost

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There is a question of pushing boundaries of etiquette and knowingly breaking rules for an advantage - which is cheating in my book!

My thoughts are that if I'd hit the ball into the whins then nearly holed out, I'd not look for my ball but if my opponent did, and found one, then I'd be in a position to identify it as mine or not. I wouldn't look for my opponents ball if it was the other way around - unless he was foolish enough to start the search first.

NervousShankaholic

Medal Winner
Visit site
As the original poster i can see from the replies that in my opinion there is a slight grey area as regards what is the correct course of action. I think as a handicapped player instinct would always tend you towards looking for the ball however not sure it has been established what happens if you 'can' your provisional for a 3.
This is all getting to complicated for me. Note to self, keep it on the short stuff!

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
.... however not sure it has been established what happens if you 'can' your provisional for a 3.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier post.

"The provisional becomes the ball in play once it is lifted out of the hole by the player provided the original ball hasn't been found within the allowed 5 minutes for searching.
"

:rolleyes::rolleyes: