rule question

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
playing in my work's comp today. on the second hole my pal's 3 wood snapped at the head (he doesn't carry a driver) he's now down to 11 clubs. i dont use my 3 wood so i gave it to him for the remaining holes. another guy in our 4 ball said this was against the rules. as i wasn't sure i took the 3 wood back and was forced to watch my buddy struggle with a 4 iron of the tee's

anyone know the ruling

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
[h=3]4-3. Damaged Clubs: Repair and Replacement[/h][h=4]a. Damage in Normal Course of Play[/h]If, during a stipulated round, a player’s club is damaged in the normal course of play, he may:
(i) use the club in its damaged state for the remainder of the stipulated round; or
(ii) without unduly delaying play, repair it or have it repaired; or
(iii) as an additional option available only if the club is unfit for play, replace the damaged club with any club. The replacement of a club must not unduly delay play (Rule 6-7) and must not be made by borrowing any club selected for play by any other person playing on the course or by assembling components carried by or for the player during the stipulated round.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
if his club was damaged in the normal course of play then he may replace it as long as the process doesn't cause a delay of game.

however, your clubs are not an option as they represent clubs selected by you for the round.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
if his club was damaged in the normal course of play then he may replace it as long as the process doesn't cause a delay of game.

however, your clubs are not an option as they represent clubs selected by you for the round.

I have stupidly always thought if you are playing as a pair, ie 4BBB or foursomes, you could lend a club

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have stupidly always thought if you are playing as a pair, ie 4BBB or foursomes, you could lend a club

well you can - if you only have 14 clubs between you, you
can share them all :) in such formats.

sadly as a leftie this option doesn't seem to crop up very often :(

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
its funny that you are not allowed to use a driver with dents in it but you are allowed to use it if you put a dent in it during the round!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
its funny that you are not allowed to use a driver with dents in it but you are allowed to use it if you put a dent in it during the round!

you have never explained why you can't use this dented driver - as I explained in detail on the last thread you posted this too, in the majority of instances you can.