Royal Liverpool - County Card!

D

Deleted member 16999

It’s Nov - end of Feb If anyone fancies it and has space I’d happily join you and preferably on a Friday morning
End of March mate, clarified it on phone and that rate is also published on their website.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can anyone link me, or explain to me what a county card is?

Ignore you’re a member of a club that is part of the scheme you can use it to get discounted rates across any other clubs that are also part of the scheme. It’s administered by your county, some charge a fee, some don’t, some wrap it up in your annual fees.

I think I’m saying the very large majority of courses in the country offer it in some way shape or form. Every club has different restrictions.

Royal Liverpool is only open rota course that offers it

Diamond

Visit site
it doesn’t look like they do the county card offer any more. Simply says N/A.
Is there a web site that lists golf clubs that are in ten county scheme? Or do you have to contact each individual golf club? As a new member I have paid for a Lancashire County Card.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's great thanks. For the clubs that dont publicise county card discounted fees does this mean a simple call to ask?Any idea if it only counts for your own county courses?
If they are not on the county's website I would suggest they do not offer the discounts. I can't see any point in a club being a member of the scheme and not publicising it.

All English counties (except Cornwall) accept cards from all other counties. If you are thinking about going to the southwest corner, it may be worth checking because those counties may accept cards out of the holiday season. But in my limited experience the national schemes are not interchangeable.

Note also that you will normally have to make a prior booking to any course in the scheme. Most do not accept just turning up on spec.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's great thanks. For the clubs that dont publicise county card discounted fees does this mean a simple call to ask?Any idea if it only counts for your own county courses?

3 years ago Royal Liverpool were Cheshire card only, 1-2 years ago they were all county cards.

They may have had a re-think if they were inundated, but also they may have just thought about not confirming it on their website to discourage a few.

I'd call them and ask, cant do any harm.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
All English counties (except Cornwall) accept cards from all other counties. If you are thinking about going to the southwest corner, it may be worth checking because those counties may accept cards out of the holiday season. But in my limited experience the national schemes are not interchangeable.

Note also that you will normally have to make a prior booking to any course in the scheme. Most do not accept just turning up on spec.

We have 8 of us going to Carlyon Bay, Trevose and St Enedoc in April. All are booked with a County Card discount using our Dorset County cards. £32.50, £31 and £50 respectively. So they are accepting some - maybe it's just neighbouring/local counties?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have 8 of us going to Carlyon Bay, Trevose and St Enedoc in April. All are booked with a County Card discount using our Dorset County cards. £32.50, £31 and £50 respectively. So they are accepting some - maybe it's just neighbouring/local counties?
It seems I am out of date but it is a while since I was involved in my county's scheme.

The Cornwall Golf Union County Card for 2017 has added value this year
Cornwall has previously not been a member of the National County Card Scheme but the CGU Executive determined the county should seek to extend the benefit to its affiliated members and be a participant with 32 other English Unions and Associations.