Royal Liverpool Open Comps

evemccc

Visit site
Hi, I am keen to play in the Open Comp at Hoylake on Wed. July 7.

It's expensive (£151) but it's a lot cheaper than getting on in the summer (£250+), and green fees are only going to go one way in future, esp with Hoylake having the Open in 2023.

It's a two-person team, and obviously I will want to play as well as I can, but the main motivation is to play this course in its peak condition at the height of summer, and in its Open layout (I think 3rd hole being the 1st and 16th being the 18th for example). The pin positions are also in the same locations as they were for Championship Sunday in 2014. All in all I think it'll be a fairly unique day at Hoylake

There aren't so many places left, so let me know if you want to join up!

From their website: "On arrival at Royal Liverpool players can enjoy a complimentary breakfast roll and cups of coffee, take advantage of a warm up on the range, be guaranteed a very warm welcome on the first tee, light refreshments at the Halfway House, and afterwards take away mementos of their visit."

Cheers

evemccc

Visit site
I have played there before but i didn't do it justice so anyone round there would be nice, still a bit steep though at £151.

Yes it is, but only going to go up with the Open there soon, and to play it in the dead of winter it's £135...Your chance to right that wrong and do it justice!! Come on Louise, sign on the dotted line!!!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes it is, but only going to go up with the Open there soon, and to play it in the dead of winter it's £135...Your chance to right that wrong and do it justice!! Come on Louise, sign on the dotted line!!!

its very tempting I will have to see if I get get someone from my club interested in joining me.