Rory - hmmmmmmm!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

First I've read/seen it however doesn't hide how much of a numpty he sounds. Courses are too easy and he can't even get top 10! What's his point other than frustration.

C'mon he's criticising GM's top rated course and is calling it too easy.

Is it not the “set up” of the course that was being critical about as opposed to the course itself ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Is it not the “set up” of the course that was being critical about as opposed to the course itself ?

A set up he couldn't conquer!

What is his point? Bitter bitter rant, followed by another one about him and his dad not winning. Perhaps he should have read the rules prior to the competition.

D

Deleted member 15344

What is his point? Bitter bitter rant, followed by another one about him and his dad not winning. Perhaps he should have read the rules prior to the competition.

So what ? Doesn’t matter what he says or does or doesn’t say or doesn’t do he won’t ever win - he isn’t a robot , he speaks his mind , if he doesn’t enjoy a course or Comp he will say so , if he thinks the set up is too easy then that’s his prerogative to say - maybe he is right , maybe wrong , at least he shows he can think for himself even if people don’t agree with what he says. Don’t see it as “bitter” nor ranting

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

Gonna go out on a limb and say that there wouldn't have been a peep out of him other than what a great week it was if him and his dad had won the pro-am.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Gonna go out on a limb and say that there wouldn't have been a peep out of him other than what a great week it was if him and his dad had won the pro-am.

100% with you. Bitter prima donna these days.

Wish he'd just let his golf do the talking. He's taking a hammering on social media I see.

D

Deleted member 15344

100% with you. Bitter prima donna these days.

Wish he'd just let his golf do the talking. He's taking a hammering on social media I see.

Ernie Els seems to agree with him

Ken Brown and a few others also seemed to see where he is coming from

Surely your opinion can’t be clouded by a bitter of bias against him can it 😉

What he is trying to say is - reward good golf , punish bad golf - he feels that at times the course set ups on the ET don’t have that balance right. Not really a bad thing to say is it?

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rory can say what he likes but the fact is he wasn't good enough to win so dry your eyes mate I know it's hard to take but when your dad plays better than you and he didn't win then don't go crying your heart out

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
First I've read/seen it however doesn't hide how much of a numpty he sounds. Courses are too easy and he can't even get top 10! What's his point other than frustration.

C'mon he's criticising GM's top rated course and is calling it too easy.

Do you actually not understand or are you being difficult on purpose? Always difficult to tell with you but I'll give it one more go, after that I'll assume its the latter

Easy set ups neutralise hit biggest strength which is tee to green. Poor shots don't get punished as much, meaning it becomes a birdie fest putting comp. Anyone can win those - get it on the green regardless of how average your tee and approach play is and get a hot putter. Then hope you've a better score than the other 50 people shooting double digits under par.

Why would he play tournaments that give him less chance of winning? When those tournaments also offer significantly less money for doing so? When those tournaments are 12+ hours from home?

Take the comments off of being associated to Rory and everyone unamimously agrees. Reward good shots, punish bad ones is the essence of it.

Yes his timing was poor but he was asked a question and sportsmen speaking their mind and getting criticised for doing so is why we live in a world with media training and robotic responses.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He says harder courses will produce better European tour players. Now let me see, who won the last Ryder Cup? That'll be Europe. Open champion. That'll be a European who has played in 11 ET or co-sanctioned events and with 2 wins. 2018 open winner and 2017 Masters winner were European and two European major winners in 2016. I'd say those at the top of the European game who have all learned their trade on the ET tour have done alright actually and are more than capable of going toe to toe with their US equivalents. McIlroy has also played 11 ET or co-sanctioned events and only 22nd in Race to Dubai so not sure what he's bleating about

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Do you actually not understand or are you being difficult on purpose? Always difficult to tell with you but I'll give it one more go, after that I'll assume its the latter

Easy set ups neutralise hit biggest strength which is tee to green. Poor shots don't get punished as much, meaning it becomes a birdie fest putting comp. Anyone can win those - get it on the green regardless of how average your tee and approach play is and get a hot putter. Then hope you've a better score than the other 50 people shooting double digits under par.

Why would he play tournaments that give him less chance of winning? When those tournaments also offer significantly less money for doing so? When those tournaments are 12+ hours from home?

Take the comments off of being associated to Rory and everyone unamimously agrees. Reward good shots, punish bad ones is the essence of it.

Yes his timing was poor but he was asked a question and sportsmen speaking their mind and getting criticised for doing so is why we live in a world with media training and robotic responses.

A world class golfer who can't play easy courses? I think you're the one who needs more coffee.

I also note once Murph put you back in your box you didn't have a reply.

US Tour is more of a bomb it, pitch and putt scenario than Europe is.

D

Deleted member 15344

So Perez, he hit loads of bad shots? I don't remember many. Sure, Southgate can't chip, but then Rory isn't the Worlds best either.

I saw a few times they both put it in the rough offline and because the rough wasn’t long or tough they played shots you would expect to see from the fairway, just look at the Southgate’s shot into the 17th from the rough , normally it’s an impossible shot. That’s the sort of thing that Rory was talking about , it was the same at the Scottish Open - if someone goes offline then it should be a battle to get to the green.

D

Deleted member 15344

A world class golfer who can't play easy courses? I think you're the one who needs more coffee.

I also note once Murph put you back in your box you didn't have a reply.

US Tour is more of a bomb it, pitch and putt scenario than Europe is.
So what do you think of Ernie Els comment about the PGA ?

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So what do you think of Ernie Els comment about the PGA ?

I am a fan of Ernie but his comments are sour grapes after he got slated by almost everyone after his changes to the course and now some many years after he has a platform to hit back at those who shot him down, come on Ernie get back in your box

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure you can argue about being able to play a shot from the rough on 17 this weekend when it was apparent to everyone the course was made as benign as possible to accommodate the amateur players and it was nothing more than a four day pro-am. Now had that been an Open then of course the R&A would have ensured the rough was up and of course the shot would have had a far higher tariff. You have to view the context of two completely different types of event