Rors & Fitzgerald

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Split like a windscreen hit by a pebble at 50 mph.

More toys out the pram or a good move by a man struggling to get back to the top of a game he looked like dominating a few years ago?

Who will get the gig? Bones?

D

Deleted member 15344

They did well together for a number of years and maybe he feels a new direction

Don't see it being Bones but I expect the top caddies will be keeping an eye open.

Like Donald's brother could be a good fit

D

Deleted member 1740

According to some of the know all's on here this should've happened a few years ago. No doubt he'll go onto rule the world of golf just like Tiger did :rolleyes:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think he needs to change something.
He's been with JP for a good while now - a change is as good as a rest😗

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My PP and I actually discussed this last week, we felt that Rory looked lost out on the golf course and JP wasn't giving him the direction that he needed. Although when the story came out about what JP said to him during the first round at the Open, we thought maybe that was the kick JP needed to give him.

I think its a good move, change is good and will hopefully get Rory back on top of his game.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First I've heard about this.

Just googled for news about it and found a few stories, but I think I'll take with a pinch of salt the one where this is the sub-heading...

"The Northern Irishman had been with his bagman for nine years and had won all nine of his majors with him."

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Comes a time when these partnerships must end.
Rory and Phil were both rare exceptions that the rule.

At that level a caddies role can be quite crucial, saying the right thing at the right time, being in tune with your players thoughts.

D

Deleted member 15344

Changing caddies has worked wonders for some golfers

Scott went to Williams - won the Masters

Donald swapped and it changed his game and he became the best golfer in the world for 18 months

Westwood moved to Foster and again transformed his game

But some have found the opposite

Kayaker swapped his after winning the PGA and struggled - went back to him and won the US Open

I think the impact of a caddy a lot of times is underrrated - Spieth and his caddy work as a team and Speith recognises that

McIlory and JP seemed to work well - he seemed to prefer a more placid character as a caddy and someone less involved - suspect he feels he now wants to try someone who is willing to be involved more

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
you never saw rory and jp in deep conversation about the upcoming shot. rory just seems to get on with it. weather that's how he likes or not i dont know.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
The fact he let Rory hit whatever club he hit into the bunker on the 10th (3rd round) at the Open may have been the final straw.

Terrible Caddying

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Changing caddies has worked wonders for some golfers

Scott went to Williams - won the Masters

Donald swapped and it changed his game and he became the best golfer in the world for 18 months

Westwood moved to Foster and again transformed his game

But some have found the opposite

Kayaker swapped his after winning the PGA and struggled - went back to him and won the US Open

I think the impact of a caddy a lot of times is underrrated - Spieth and his caddy work as a team and Speith recognises that

McIlory and JP seemed to work well - he seemed to prefer a more placid character as a caddy and someone less involved - suspect he feels he now wants to try someone who is willing to be involved more

What someone prefers and what someone needs are not always the same thing.