Rogue Driver

Wolf

Visit site
Finding this thread very interesting, the driver being authenticated and variety of shafts tried to no avail says a lot. Best thing I can think of is the get on a Trackman or other launch monitor to get the numbers up. Could be that none of the options and club give you none of the optimal launch you need. My own experience at Woburn with GM/TM was eye opening to say the least I thought my driver I had was good but when I saw the numbers and resulting changes when put into the correct shaft & head combo the differenxe in flight, hang time and even roll our was night and day.

Could be that the clubhead is just not a suited or that the shafts your putting into it aren't a good match up. It's a bloody minefield..

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Finally a reply, the code matched a rogue driver and has been authenticated

Just because the serial number matches a rogue driver doesn’t mean it’s real.
The counterfeiters are getting hold of authentic serial numbers and adding them to their fake clubs so when someone calls to authenticate a club it shows as being real

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just because the serial number matches a rogue driver doesn’t mean it’s real.
The counterfeiters are getting hold of authentic serial numbers and adding them to their fake clubs so when someone calls to authenticate a club it shows as being real
Yes, but that worry is always every where especially if the components are built in China.

2 shafts yet to try, I have already sold on the mizuno driver because I could not get the spin numbers up. So this is not a new issue.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes, but that worry is always every where especially if the components are built in China.

2 shafts yet to try, I have already sold on the mizuno driver because I could not get the spin numbers up. So this is not a new issue.
I would take it as a positive the number matches and simply look at finding a shaft combo to get your numbers up

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Surely you know someone who hits it really hard, get them to have a try with it and see whether the distance is ok and spins enough

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I remember when Rick Shiels reviewed the standard Rogue he said that, for a "standard" driver, the Rogue didn't spin up too much.
He was getting around 2400rpm with his swing speed. I think he expected somewhere in the region of 2700ish....
I find my Rogue sometimes puts no spin on the ball and it just doesn't fly.
So if you have a lowish loft, low spin ball, low launch shaft and a Rogue head then you may not get as much spin as you need.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally got out, wife’s new photography business is turning me into a permanent baby sitter and work has got out of control!
So tried out the rip d nv and Fuji 565 in regular.
Settled on the 565 set at +1N which I think is 10 degrees and neutral.
Flight looked good no dropping out - will try it on course at the weekend

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just investigated the weights, I need to check mine but it might be a 5gram weight. I have ordered a 7 and 9 gram weight.
Higher weight usually activates the shaft a bit better, I run the 815 heavy so might be worth looking at as the tour ad Di shaft is rather awesome.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right been out bit of a mixed bag first 2 drives around 225 yards total which is down on average last 2 drives at 270 and 290 yards. So I think 255-260 yards is a realistic expectation which sees about a 5yrd gain over the optimised 815. Last 2 drives felt like I got some compression if that makes sense. I did not miss hit the first 2 significantly, just did not get through them.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today, still getting good yardages will weigh both 815 and Rogue heads just out of interest.