Rogue Driver

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a Rogue 9 degree driver, all legit off eBay.
Thought I would see an improvement over my current 815DD driver. I have given it some time, adjusted settings etc.
But brutally honest, the Rogue does not give me enough spin, lofting up improves it but my driving distance with the rogue dropped by 20-25% 😳! Has anyone else had similar experience?
By the way i’ll Be shifting the Rogue on !

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I changed out the even flow and tried an ad di d6 and then an an Oban revenge no6.. think I have a speeder somewhere.
I lofted to 11 degrees, tried pink castle and orange castle tee to vary my head strike height, I moved the strike path left to right across the face ..
815DD set to 10.5, pink castle tee, tour ad Di shaft is my std set up, just a new driver would get me a few more yards

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To drop by 25 yards it’s one of three things:

1) wrong spec for you (shaft/head/set up)

2) it’s a fake!

I’m sorry but there is no way a 4 year ewer club would be that far down like for like if the strikes felt the same, SS was the same etc etc.

The only explanation could be ball flight/spin. Does the 815 drop and roll out verses a drop and stop?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
815, has perfect flight rainbow arc and rolls out another 10-15% of carry depending on firmness.
Club is straight, so no issues there. I thought the 9 degree std loft wasn’t an issue because of the lofting up options but I am willing to concede that was the wrong assumption.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To drop by 25 yards it’s one of three things:

1) wrong spec for you (shaft/head/set up)

2) it’s a fake!

I’m sorry but there is no way a 4 year ewer club would be that far down like for like if the strikes felt the same, SS was the same etc etc.

The only explanation could be ball flight/spin. Does the 815 drop and roll out verses a drop and stop?
I wonder if the shaft, especially if its a stock model would lose that much. The OP states it's legit so giving him the benefit of the doubt for the moment, why not send the serial number (assuming it has one) to Callaway and see if they claim it as a legit model. IF not I think the answer is clear

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not had a chance yet was doing a competition this morning which was poor but hey ho first of the season.

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
You may be ok, you say it's legit but beware on Ebay... I bought a Taylor Made driver, it looked the part but it wasn't till I tried to part exchange it at a well known golf store that I found it was as fake as a very fake thing, the grip, shaft, head, the whole lot, worthless. Things are not always as they seem.