Rock On, Tommy!

D

Deleted member 1740

Well played Tommy thoroughly deserved.

However, and it MAY have been he had just finished but the way he dismissed the $2.5 million was unbelievable! Saying that amount of money is irrelevant, to him maybe, was disrespectful and in poor taste and an insult to the sponsors.

Most people do not earn that amount in their lifetime.

To most top sportsmen its all about winning, especially when you’ve not won for a long time. To him, he’d rather win a comp than win the money given the choice.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I took his response as meaning, “the title/getting back in the winner’s circle” is more important than the numbers on the cheque.

I’ve worked for a sponsor, I wouldn’t have taken offence, I understand the sentiment. But that’s just a personal view.

Yes, that's right. Again, it's an example if someone being interviewed at an off the cuff time, when emotions are to the fore , and things don't always come out exactly as intended. Especially, emphases.
Sit him down an hour later and I'm sure he would be appreciative of the large amount of money he ( and his family) now have.
We should be a bit more charitable of things said at times when microphones are thrust in your face and you are wanting to be doing something else( in this case ,enjoying the high of your career with friends and peers😀).
In fact, IIRC, I think there was an emotional moment when he spoke of what the win would mean to his family?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw him interviewed just off the 18th after winning. He got very emotional and talked about winning an amount that made his family secure. They weren't his exact words but it was along those lines. He certainly wasn't dismissive of the amount on offer.

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can’t see what difference that should make to anyone.

I know. Cant believe Tommy has the cheek to wear his hair at whatever length he likes :ROFLMAO: Just on the off chance Tommy reads this forum and takes the haircut and shave advice. I wonder what he'll do with the remaining $2,499,980 or so!