Rob and Romesh vs Golf

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched it last night, had a couple of funny moments but for the most part Rob Beckett was about as funny as being tied naked to an ant hill covered in molasses.

I get what they were trying to do with the show, but teeing off on the Old Course with supposedly your first ever swing of a golf club...... pointless waste of time.

Can't see myself watching any more episodes.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bill Bailey is good, if you ever get the chance
???

Mrs got us tickets to watch him in Blackburn the other year. I wasn’t too bothered about seeing him, however he was hilarious! Straight into my top 3 comedy shows I’ve seen along with Billy Connelly and Eddie Izzard.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Mrs got us tickets to watch him in Blackburn the other year. I wasn’t too bothered about seeing him, however he was hilarious! Straight into my top 3 comedy shows I’ve seen along with Billy Connelly and Eddie Izzard.

My top 3, in no particular order;

1. Billy Connolly
2. Billy Connolly
3. Billy Connolly

The man has never failed to bring tears of laughter to my eyes whenever I have seen him live, he is an absolute genius & a national treasure.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

1. Billy Connolly
2. Billy Connolly
3. Billy Connolly

The man has never failed to bring tears of laughter to my eyes whenever I have seen him live, he is an absolute genius & a national treasure.
Never did see him live Rich. I'd loved to have done.
Sadly he's past touring now so we'll have to make do with what we've got.
But as I say, Bill Bailey is hilarious... he's clever as well ???

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

1. Billy Connolly
2. Billy Connolly
3. Billy Connolly

Agree, seen him 3 times over the years, always made me laugh so hard it physically hurt.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Never did see him live Rich. I'd loved to have done.
Sadly he's past touring now so we'll have to make do with what we've got.
But as I say, Bill Bailey is hilarious... he's clever as well ???

Saw him on his last tour and although he was physically slower, mentally he was still better than most albeit not quite as sharp as at his peak.

He came out to a huge ovation "Go away ( or something very similar, [4, 3.]), you're only clapping out of sympathy". 15 minutes in "Right, let's get on with it; spot the symptom" and spent 10 minutes ripping into himself & Parkinsons. Brilliant night. It was the High Horse tour if it's anywhere on the net.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like the Rob and Romesh series generally, more of a Romesh fan personally, I think he’s good on A League of their own and also his own series, the name of which escapes me, where he goes to various countries around the world. I have no objection to Rob though and they seem to work well together. Strikes me that it would be good fun going on a trip with them, it’s not excessively “lad” based banter which ALOTO is guilty of at times.

The golf episode I found less funny than the others but that’s to be expected as it’s not aimed at golfers.

Anyway, this is the joy of comedy, it’s different strokes for different folks. What I do find tedious though is some of the posts in this thread mocking / demeaning Rob and Romesh just because they don’t like it. That’s the internet for you though, everyone thinks they are right (including me, but that’s because I actually am right ;-) )