RickG Memorial Trophy Day (Coventry Golf Club)

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Top day Robin :):):) Very well organised and run superbly with top marks to all at Coventry Golf club. If you've not played it yet and I believe this may become an annual event do get your name down. The greens are some of the best I've played on this year.

Great to catch up with old mates and put some faces to Forum names, god we're an ugly bunch :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just back home..another great Forum day - Rick would have been proud.
Lots of laughs and some decent golf too.
Thanks to my playing partners Slasher, Greg and Mike for a most enjoyable round.
Didn't play too badly myself and won the Nearest the Pin in 2 on a shortish par 4. WINNER!!!
Nowhere near the main prizes though and I'll let Robin fill you all in on that.
Course was tough but playable as long as you kept it on the short stuff - many didn't..:whistle:
Big thanks to Robin for organising and Coventry for hosting
A superb day out.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
Well done Robin (and his helpers) for organising a great day out and raising so much money for a great cause, and thank you Franco and Mr & Mrs Crazyface for your company. The course was in excellent condition, with some of the best greens I've seen for a long time.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Robin and helpers, that was a memorable day to honour the one and only rickg.
Great to see so many people turning out to remember Rick and to raise a healthy chunk of money for the British Heart Foundation.

Excellent organisation and the course was in fine condition, the greens were superb even if I didn't hole a putt of any length all day. :confused:

Thank you to my playing partners, none of us threatened the places but we had a few laughs, my main achievement was not losing a ball.

Tasty fare followed the golf and then some moving speeches before the presentations.

Looking forward to the next one already!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
What a fabulous day, lovely course, presented in great condition, decent weather, warm, some sun and a breeze to keep it interesting. 3 fantastic playing partners, The legend that is Bill Elliott, who has played with some of the greats and has some amazing stories, LiverBirdie and Captain Ron who suffers from the worst case of “golfing Tourette’s syndrome “ , learnt some new sweary words as a result 😂😂

Nice to meet a few new faces and plenty of old ugly ones 👍
Solid organisation from The Fishy One, good grub and a very fitting tribute to Rick.

A great day for the forum.

Sweet

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today goes up as one of the best Forum days - a great tribute to Rickg.

So well organised by Robin (Fish) at a top top course, thanks also to Coventry Golf Club for their hospitality and providing a very well manicured course - such a joy to play, although not very well on my part.

Really glad I met "The lads" for a curry last night. Blue in Munich, Captainron, Bluewolf, Old Skier, Rosecott,
Paperboy, Drive for show, Wookie, TXL and Mike Chapman. Great company and a good laugh was had by all. Also enjoyed the Music chat!

Big thanks to my playing partners for putting up with my poor golf today. Stu C, FullThrottle and James Mason - it was a really enjoyable day with some great banter going back and forth. Especially when Stu noticed my ball marker logo, ManU! I'm sure he's forgiven me!

Look forward to the next time Guys!

:thup:

Last edited:

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Honoured to be a bit part in what was a great day, remembering a Forum gent and raising money for charity.

Thanks to Stu C, Golfmmad and James Mason (GM) for their company and patience whilst I hacked round the front 9.

Fish, take a bow, well organised and every thing went like clock work,

Hoping everyone gets home safely, until next time, thanks

D

Deleted member 1740

A great day of golf with a load of old and new faces, its great to see forumers making the effort.

I had a great knock with James Mason GM, Golfmad and full_throttle. On days like today the scores are irrelevant, its the camaraderie and enjoyment that matters.....

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Although I never got to meet Rick, I know from speaking to many of you that he was a top guy and is held in great affection.

Robin, yesterday was a great way to remember him and you and your helpers deserve a great deal of credit for organising such a memorable day.

I echo what others have said about the course and especially the greens, which were fast but fair, but also the bunkers where the sand was spot on.

I enjoyed meeting friends old and new and many thanks to Ian, Greg and Paul for their great company on the golf course

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I too, never met Rick,but thanks to him I had the opportunity to meet some really great people yesterday. My thanks go to Rick and his helpers for all their hard work and of course my playing partners Ping and Mr and Mrs Crazyface, who really helped to make it a fun day. As others have said, the course was absolutely superb, especially the bunkers and greens.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks to Robin for arranging a great day,as usual it was nice to see the usual suspects and also some new faces.
Well done on the organising to make the day run smoothly.
Well done to LP and Old Skier on the admin helping Robin sort the scores.

I would like to thank Nick,Colin and Adam for there company during and after the round.
Unfortunately the bad golf out weighed the good on this occasion although i did come out on top,funny really as Adam has
is own coach[lol].

The course although bare in places was a great test and the greens were superb,and the welcome and overall feel of Coventry GC was great.

Once again the forum and friends raised a good sum of money for charity and remember a true friend.

See you all at HFH

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great to meet you all on such an excellent day organised by the Fish, thanks to Rob, Andy and Richi for putting up with me as I hacked around a lovely course. Up at 0600 this morning to take on the traffic back to N Devon, wise choice, the emmits were in full flood and you couldn't even turn of at any of the services for the traffic.

Look forward to seeing those who are attending H4H.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many thanks top Robin (and helpers) for organising a fantastic day!!!! It was a pleasure to wander around a cracking course with Paul and Frank. The quickest 5 hours of my life. What amazing company. Mrs CF says thanks to everyone to made her feel welcome!!!! Magic greens at Coventry!!! And by magic I mean that slight of hand thing, where you putt one way and they switcherooo and you watch your ball go another way. Amazing!!!!

Thanks again everyone !!!!!!!

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank you to Fish, and everyone else involved in yesterday's event.

I am another forum member who never met Rick, but from the nice stories and the memories shared by you guys, he was obviously held in high esteem and great affection by many.

I thought that the course yesterday was a hidden gem. No real standout or signature holes, but also not a single bad hole on the course. The greens were probably the best I've putted on all year, they were stunningly good. Fast but receptive, my favourite combination. If I ever get the chance to play there again, I wouldn't hesitate to accept the invite !

Big thanks also go to my 3 playing partners. Rob from Golf Monthly, I really enjoyed chatting with you about all the courses you've played, and swapping notes on a few of them ! Blue in Munich, it was great to meet you and share in the birdie fest that we had together, if you ever need a fourball partner at a forum meet then hopefully I passed my audition. And Old Skier, it was great to meet you and play a fun round together, and if I'm down in Devon then hopefully we can do it again one day.

And finally, if there's any forum lurkers or members that read about these meets but are nervous to dip their toes in the water and attend without knowing anyone, my advice is to take the plunge and come along. You get to meet some great guys and play some top courses.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
An excellent day very well organised by Fish with help from Liverpool Phil, Full Throttle, Old Skier & mikejohnchapman. Thanks also to Mike Harris & GM, for proving the platform on which we get to organise these days, for their support of the event itself and for the spare raffle prize. :thup: Coventry Golf Club were very welcoming, the greens were excellent, the grub was spot on and the catering staff need to be thanked for providing a special chair for one of our number... :D Thanks to Rob, Jeff and Andy for their company on the course and as golfmmad said, to those who went out on either Thursday or Friday night, or both and made the event particularly special; I think Rick would have approved.

And congratulations to NW Jocko on a great round of golf to take the spoils. :clap: