Return to Golf in Scotland

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think a few open comps will be cancelled unless the 5 mile travel rule is changed :cry:

It is not a rule, it's a guideline. ;) I agree that opens will be cancelled but I would hope that they had cancelled them already.

ScotGov have just done a total u-turn and are saying all pupils will be in school from August 10 with zero social distancing requirements.

I think things will be pretty much back to normal by August.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is not a rule, it's a guideline. ;) I agree that opens will be cancelled but I would hope that they had cancelled them already.

ScotGov have just done a total u-turn and are saying all pupils will be in school from August 10 with zero social distancing requirements.

I think things will be pretty much back to normal by August.
I spoke to 2 clubs today re senior opens , both are waiting to see what phase 3 will allow before deciding.

Hoganman1

Visit site
After scrolling through these posts, I'm thrilled that my Scottish friends are playing again. After all, you guys invented the game. Also, it appears you are doing a better job that we are at containing the virus. We're all over the place here in the states. I'm looking forward to visiting your wonderful country in the future. Our current plans are to attend The Open at St. Andrews in 2022. Hopefully, we'll all be "out of the woods" by then.