Return to Golf in Scotland

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was out and about today , nice sunny afternoon , passed Edzell , Kirrie , Alyth , Blairgowrie , Forfar ,Montrose and of course they were all deserted apart from the greenstaff out tending the sward.
Couldn’t help but think how ridiculous it was given that supermarkets are busy , people passing each other in the street etc.
Come on Nicky .....

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No guarantees yet. Today's statement is just the plan and not all phase 1 measures will come into place at the same time - actual confirmation and dates will be given on the 28th

The reporter just said on BBC Scotland golf could be played on the 28th.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No guarantees yet. Today's statement is just the plan and not all phase 1 measures will come into place at the same time - actual confirmation and dates will be given on the 28th

Yes, more delay possible. I am not expecting to play in Scotland before June.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very much doubt there will be golf on the 28th itself as we need to wait for the formal statement to be delivered in parliament at 12:30pm on Thu 28th. And presumably there will then be the follow-up message from Scottish Golf with the date courses can re-open.

But nearly there, allowing myself to get excited at long last.

D

Deleted member 3432

Excellent news whenever it starts.

It felt odd yesterday standing on the 5th tee at Silloth looking over the Solway towards Southerness which is 8 miles as the crow flies knowing there was no golf over there.

Just remember folks, golf is hard and even harder when you have not played for weeks :)

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking good but still scant on details. Just need to wait on r&a, sgu and individual clubs now then. Play will be subject to hygiene so there’s going to be some variations across courses and clubs I imagine.