Rescue woods - will they rescue my game?

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thinking about getting some rescue woods to get some extra distance in this dirty weather. As am not really good hitting woods off the fairway - are they as easy to hit as the manufacturers make out?

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
If you have never tried one Teetotal the least you should do is test a few of them-i think you would be pleasantly surprised. I along with many of my mates were skeptical before trying one but there really is no denying the forgiveness and control they offer!

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My wife bought me a Howson 18deg rescue club for £19.99. It is now one of the best clubs in my bag, from all situations. Rough, fairway or bald lie, it performs. I'm now thinking of ditching my 3 wood because the Howson has really made it redundant. I'll have room in my bag for perhaps another wedge.

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a 21 degree 3 iron replacement rescue club and I swear by it. Off the tee it gets me straight down the fairway nice and safe almost every time, and on par 5's it works wonders if I am having mare of a day with my woods. I like using all my clubs and vary them but the rescue club is probably the most reliable and forgiving, true one out Teetotal, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I added a Mizuno rescue to my bag the other day, a 21 degrees – am now in a total state of indecision. I really liked it at first but it meant i had to get rid of one of my Calloway steel headed fairway woods. Have since started to slice the rescue and gone back to the steel-headed ones...Mizuno is now sitting in the booot of the car staring at me!

AnotherNITBY

Visit site
They are O.K. from the rough, but not as good as a well struck 3 iron off the fairway.

P.S. I thought Mizuno only did 17, 20 and 23 degree Rescues?

Hoppy

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a Taylormade Rescue 2 I carry it everyweek can't use it out of the rough at all but on a windy day I sometimes use it off the tee on a par 3. I have a Adams 7 Wood that I prefer much more. As for my 3 iron put that in the shed after last weekend and won't be getting it out again.

hyper75

Visit site
would try out 1 of the cheaper models first as i did. now it has replaced my 3 iron. give 1 a try you be amazed at how forgiving they are.

Alex

Visit site
I have the 21 degree "Perfect Club" which is really a rescue, can't make my mind up. I put my Callaway 7 wood in the garage to make way for this one. Except for ratting an odd ball out of some semi-rough, I cannot see the advantages.

Have feeling the good old Callaway will be back for the Summer. I much prefer the sound and feel of a good quality wood.

Alex