Represent ‘Team Golf Monthly’ in the 2011 Volvo Matchplay Championship

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Afternoon all
We are looking for forumers to become part of ‘Team GM” and represent the magazine in the 2011 Volvo Matchplay Championship.
Volvo has offered us FREE entry for 6 pairs and 6 singles. So, who fancies it?
If you’re up for representing the magazine please email me michael_harris@ipcmedia.com and include the following info
* Name
* Home Club
* Handicap
* Contact telephone number
* Whether you want to be considered for the pairs or singles. If you’re opting for the pairs you can pick a fellow forumers or just a mate who you play with at your club. You both just need to fulfil the entry criteria (below).

If you’re selected all you’ll need to do is report back on your progress to the forum and we’ll also include mini-reports of matches involving ‘Team GM’ players in the forum pages in the Spike Bar section of the magazine.

INFO ON THE VOLVO MATCHPLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
In 2011 the Volvo Matchplay will be celebrating its 16th year and the Grand Finalists win a six day holiday at the luxurious Vale do Lobo resort on Portugal’s Algarve coast. The 44 finalists will receive 5 nights luxury accommodation, 5 rounds of golf, return flights and car hire.
There are two separate events to enter a Singles matchplay and also the Better Ball matchplay. There will be a minimum of 4 rounds before the Regional Finals and matches are played regionally with minimum travelling and on a mutually convenient date with up to 5 weeks to play each round. Courtesy of the course is often granted but any green fees payable will be charged at the member’s guest rate and shared between competitors.
Matches are played between June and September with the eight regional finals being staged in October. The Grand Final will take place at Vale do Lobo from January 14th – 19th 2012. The format for the Regional Finals and Grand Final is stableford points.
To enter you need to be a member of a golf club with an ACTIVE CONGU handicap. Handicap limits are 24 for men and 30 for ladies, Better-Ball teams can be mixed and may be from different clubs. Golfers under 18 years of age may compete in the Better-Ball competition but must be partnered by an adult. All competitors in the individual matchplay must be over 18 years of age at the time of entry.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi Aztecs
There are no set dates - you just organise a mutually convinient date with the oppo and have played each round by a certain date

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Aztecs
There are no set dates - you just organise a mutually convinient date with the oppo and have played each round by a certain date

*strokes beard*...Intruiging.

I haven't currently got my handicap, but I assume as long as I've got my full handicap by the time the matches roll round I would be O.K?

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Aztecs
yes so long as you had a valid CONGU handciap by the time your first match came round you'd be OK

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hey up Mike, I checked the rules there but there is no mention on the Volvo site regarding geography of who can enter (bar some previous finals locations), is it England and Scotland or all of us?

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi Brendy
I have checked - the only area they dont cover is ROI - sorry to anyone from south of the border

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bugger
I've already entered the Volvo and HDID singles events. Won't have time to fit in betterball as well.
I know a lot of you will be upset, but there you go
;)

Shame. A dream team of Bob and Smiffy could have hammered all before them for the glory of Team GM. :D

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Bugger
I've already entered the Volvo and HDID singles events. Won't have time to fit in betterball as well.
I know a lot of you will be upset, but there you go
;)
I was hoping to partner you, Smiffy! :(