The London Club - International Course - £80 in March

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

I’ve seen that the London Club are doing a special offer on the International Course and wondered whether we could get a group together?

• Sausage and Bacon Muffin with Tea or Coffee
  • LGC Welcome Gift
  • Inclusive of Range Balls and use of Practice Facilities
  • 18 Holes on the International Course
  • 2 Course Meal after Golf

Its available until 30[SUP]th[/SUP] March, limited on a Sunday so my guess would be mid-week. I’ve given them a call and Thursday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] March is free.

Its £80 per person which I think is good value for the overall package.

No minimum players needed but the more we get, we might be able to get something additional from them.

Here’s what’s been said about the International Course:

• This is undoubtedly one of the finest downland courses in Europe
  • Fast, undulating fairways
  • Punctuated with exciting risk and reward tee shots over water
  • The International recently played host to Regional Open Qualifying, 2014 Volvo World match play and Stage 1 of European Tour Qualifying School
  • Designed under the Jack Nicklaus / Golden Bear design banner
  • Rolling Kent countryside provides sufficient elevation changes to make things interesting
  • Measure just 7,000 yards at its longest
  • The valley that separates the outward nine from the inward half gives the course a distinctly different feel and also some spectacular views
  • Four lakes
  • Picture hole 8[SUP]th[/SUP] par 3 over water

This is the review given in Golf Monthly by Rob Smith this month - http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/courses/uk-and-ireland/london-club-international-course-review-121816

Let me know and I'll take it forward.

Cheers,

Nick

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I taken advantage of this offer 4 times over the past few years and love the place.

The venue is great and so is the food. For an extra £5 you go for a full English brekkie!

Not sure I can join you as I'm away on 24th for a footie break then got the Woburn meet so might be short of funds

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've played there a few times and it's a decent track that the European Tour has used very successfully. It's well maintained, the food is good and is a quality venue. However, the deal is their standard one at £80 with food, it can be very windy and wet as it's at the top of Wrotham Hill and I've played when condition were very difficult and all bunkers GUR which is difficult as they have steep sides and it's almost impossible to stick to the rules in taking a drop!

I'd probably try and support a meet but there's quite a lot going on around that time of the year

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you expand ?

At those times of the year it can be very exposed, windswept, cold and bleak. For me it was not an enjoyable experience. I have also played on both courses at other times of the year and enjoyed them - apart from the elephant grass that is. You and I would need a long pole with a flag on top if we went off fairway searching for a ball so our playing companions could find us if we couldn't find our way back to the fairway....

Fish

Banned
Visit site
At those times of the year it can be very exposed, windswept, cold and bleak. For me it was not an enjoyable experience. I have also played on both courses at other times of the year and enjoyed them - apart from the elephant grass that is. You and I would need a long pole with a flag on top if we went off fairway searching for a ball so our playing companions could find us if we couldn't find our way back to the fairway....

Sounds like my experience at Woburn, it's great in the summer months but in the winter it's uninspiring & bleak.