Replacement left handed driver shaft

Steve B

Visit site
I have broken the altaco 55/SR shaft on my left handed Ping G425 driver, can I replace it with a generic replacement shaft or do I have to get a specific shaft for left handers?
Just a bit confused.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Probably need a left handed driver tip but that should be it. Just try and get the same model shaft. My mate got a different one and it wasn’t as good.

Tinkerman

Visit site
I'm a lefty and had the same problem a couple of years ago when trying to get a shaft for a Callaway driver. You can use a RH adaptor but the settings won't match what is in the adapter. Here are my notes that I got off another forum back at the time I was looking into this:

The lie angle stays the same but the loft that you'll be setting the club is on the reverse side of the club. So, S (Stated loft) is +1, +2 is -1, +1 is S, -1 is +2.

So,
D (Draw setting) -1 = D +2
D S = D +1
D +1 = D S

Otherwise you can try to get a LH adapter on eBay or give lefthandedgolf a call

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is your existing shaft adapter OK?
You could buy any shaft and ask your pro to swap it over.
Worth emailing Ping to ask them for advice.
If you didn't break it in anger it might get sorted under warranty.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a second hand driver years ago that had a left-handed shaft in it. In the shop that was selling it they just explained that I had to set it to 'higher' if I wanted 'lower' and 'lower' if I wanted 'higher'. Nowadays the adjustable clubs have many more settings so it might be more complicated to work out where to set it to. 😆

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As others have said the adapter will be specific for left hand.
However thinking about the Ping adapter I would probably agree with others in that it just works the other way way round so if you have the club set to the neutral setting it will be the same.

Have you got a mate with a ping club you could try it out on.

You can buy adapters on the bay around £12in.

One thing you can do is to remove the adapter on the broken shaft but they do get a bit discoloured from the heat applied to removed it.