Reed throws Tee at Rory

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
One for the neutrals on here, if there is any. I posted the thread coz I thought it was childish and funny by both of them. But it seems the opinions on the ” non incident” show there is a LIV camp and Non LIV camp Which seem influence peoples well opinions. I have not really bothered with the LIV thread but is it really that bad on there that it spills onto this tongue in cheek thread.
PS am off on me tee chucking round in 10 mins so I won’t see the responses til later ?

Should have posted it in the laughter thread Tashy

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Rory is fast becoming an unlikable horrible mouthpiece.
Got to love the media hyping the PGA versus LIV whenever they can.

I wasn't sure which person I disliked more between reed and McIlroy, but this has made up my mind.... Cannot stand McIlroy one little bit.

One of the nicest humblest guys in all sport, fighting the corner of the rest of his colleagues despite being so wealthy he could just 'meh'. Aye, "unlikeable"

evemccc

Visit site
The only thing I find absurd and abundantly childish is the idolising of a professional golfer by presumably late-middle-aged men on this forum, and a fawning saccharine media

Relax!! He doesn’t know you even exist..

For context, Saint Rory is no stranger to his own litigation and getting personal with it..over the timing of it re: McDowell’s wedding

https://www.golfchannel.com/article...t-g-mac-dragged-rory-horizon-legal-battle?amp

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This made me laugh.

Only because in your previous post, you were proudly talking about always being polite and respectful to your neighbours despite battling it out on court. You never lower yourself to those standards.

Then you post this :)

Standards dropped pretty quickly ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's good to know that you know more about what is going on in McIlroy's life than Rory himself :)

I wonder how people's views would differ if Reed or DeChambeau ignored McIlroy?

It's nice this thread has been created, to really give LIV fans something to get their teeth stuck into :)

Mate, can you change your username to Swan”LetIt”go1980 ??

Swango1980

Visit site
The only thing I find absurd and abundantly childish is the idolising of a professional golfer by presumably late-middle-aged men on this forum, and a fawning saccharine media

Relax!! He doesn’t know you even exist..

For context, Saint Rory is no stranger to his own litigation and getting personal with it..over the timing of it re: McDowell’s wedding

https://www.golfchannel.com/article...t-g-mac-dragged-rory-horizon-legal-battle?amp
Idolising?

So, basically, if anyone ever defends the actions of another human being because they agree / have no issue with those actions, it is defined as idolising? Or is it only called idolising by those that are on the other side of the argument? Just checking. I've no issues with McIlroy not wanting to speak to Reed. And, to be honest, in relation to this specific incident, I've no issue with Reed throwing a tee, as the video suggests it wasn't something that even really happened.

The childishness is definitely something that has happened on the LIV thread long before this incident. If I had not known what thread this was when I popped in yesterday, I would have sworn it was the LIV thread. One or 2 avid LIV fans have hammered McIlroy for some time, which is to be expected simply because he speaks against LIV. The childishness comes in when they refer to him as a "bellend".

Mandofred

Visit site
I've never liked watching Soaps on TV.....this is the same thing. Some people like each other, some don't. Why are people making a big deal of this? You can't be that bored can you?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Idolising?

So, basically, if anyone ever defends the actions of another human being because they agree / have no issue with those actions, it is defined as idolising? Or is it only called idolising by those that are on the other side of the argument? Just checking. I've no issues with McIlroy not wanting to speak to Reed. And, to be honest, in relation to this specific incident, I've no issue with Reed throwing a tee, as the video suggests it wasn't something that even really happened.

The childishness is definitely something that has happened on the LIV thread long before this incident. If I had not known what thread this was when I popped in yesterday, I would have sworn it was the LIV thread. One or 2 avid LIV fans have hammered McIlroy for some time, which is to be expected simply because he speaks against LIV. The childishness comes in when they refer to him as a "bellend".

I'm still on fence with Liv, don't mind it, don't hate it

But Rory I was critical of before Liv , I find him far to outspoken, want him to focus on his golf and winning majors it's almost a decade now

But been over this many times

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm still on fence with Liv, don't mind it, don't hate it

But Rory I was critical of before Liv , I find him far to outspoken, want him to focus on his golf and winning majors it's almost a decade now

But been over this many times
I'd also love him to win Majors. I don't think answering questions in the media is the obstacle stopping him doing that though? Given he has found himself as one of the worlds leading elite golfers, if not the most elite golfer other than Tiger Woods, it is no surprise the media want his view on things. I find it refreshing that he is happy to speak what is on his mind, rather than just robotically giving stock answers (in nearly every sport, I have zero interest in what the athlete has to say because you know what they'll say before the interview begins, in 95% of occasions).

I guess when you are at the pinnacle of a sport, especially an individual sport, the game is your profession. So, being in a position where you can build yourself up as a brand is also hugely important, outside the cash you win in prize money. Engaging with the media is paramount to that. If you have a really dull personality with no opinions to share, it's isn't exactly going to help in that regard. So, if McIlroy is able to voice his opinions and that helps elevate his status generally (even if the 7 LIV fans get annoyed ;) ), and he is still able to practice and focus on his game as much as he would have done anyway, fair play to him.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I'd also love him to win Majors. I don't think answering questions in the media is the obstacle stopping him doing that though? Given he has found himself as one of the worlds leading elite golfers, if not the most elite golfer other than Tiger Woods, it is no surprise the media want his view on things. I find it refreshing that he is happy to speak what is on his mind, rather than just robotically giving stock answers (in nearly every sport, I have zero interest in what the athlete has to say because you know what they'll say before the interview begins, in 95% of occasions).

I guess when you are at the pinnacle of a sport, especially an individual sport, the game is your profession. So, being in a position where you can build yourself up as a brand is also hugely important, outside the cash you win in prize money. Engaging with the media is paramount to that. If you have a really dull personality with no opinions to share, it's isn't exactly going to help in that regard. So, if McIlroy is able to voice his opinions and that helps elevate his status generally (even if the 7 LIV fans get annoyed ;) ), and he is still able to practice and focus on his game as much as he would have done anyway, fair play to him.

Lets not forget the lovely bonus PIP payments for getting your name out there a bit more too!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

No I mean like when it was the us open and people moaning about fairways being tight

He said something like it's 100 yard wide If you miss it you shouldn't be here

He then missed a tone of fairways

Just an Own goal

D

Deleted member 1147

No I mean like when it was the us open and people moaning about fairways being tight

He said something like it's 100 yard wide If you miss it you shouldn't be here

He then missed a tone of fairways

Just an Own goal
...and he didn't deserve the win, because he didn't play as well as the eventual winner.
So he wasn't really wrong was he.

Status
Not open for further replies.