Reductions Only

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe so, but as far as I know it's a fairly popular software package, and I'd like to think that somebody would've noticed by now if it weren't playing by the rules. :)

Yeah, only joking. More in respect of software in general than this particular package. (Speaking as a software developer!)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe so, but as far as I know it's a fairly popular software package, and I'd like to think that somebody would've noticed by now if it weren't playing by the rules. :)

Handicapmaster not only plays by the rules, it helped create most of them. No, 74 (RO) is not possible from SSS 72. I notice that SSS is 70 from your yellow tees so it is not possible from them either. Has your course been re-assessed recently for SSS? That's all I can think of, that SSS has been re-assessed but the scorecard doesn't reflect the change.

Just had a look at the results. A quick tally shows only 3 out of the 35 Cat 1/2/3 players reached buffer. A rough calculation would put CSS as 75 and not Reductions only.

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry was too late in trying to do another edit. I miscounted and there were only 2 in buffer which gives 5.7% which is on the margin of Reductions Only - roughly 6% and below becomes Reduction Only.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry was too late in trying to do another edit. I miscounted and there were only 2 in buffer which gives 5.7% which is on the margin of Reductions Only - roughly 6% and below becomes Reduction Only.

Thanks.

So assuming the software can't make a mistake (hopefully), you think the only explanation is that we've had the SSS reassessed to 71?

I will ask at the weekend.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks.

So assuming the software can't make a mistake (hopefully), you think the only explanation is that we've had the SSS reassessed to 71?

Unless! If there has been no re-assessment, then whoever has responsibilty for your handicaps needs to contact Handicapmaster support (which, by the way, is excellent and very quick to respond) to ask why it shows 74 (RO). I have done your CSS calculation from the published results and it is 75 (RO) which should mean 0.2 shaved off your handicap - not quite enough for Cat 1.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks.

done the same sums and come to the same conclusion - it could have been SSS+3 or SSS+3/RO it's right on the margin of % roundings etc. it can't be SSS+2/RO

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Solved... Our SSS from the white tees has recently been changed to 71.

Bad news for getting cut, but I guess the CSS has as much chance of going up to 72 now as it did of going down to 71 before.