Rediscovering old favourites

• Thread starter Deleted member 18588
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18588

Anyone who knows my golfing habits will tell you that I am forever buying new kit so you can imagine the surprise my regular Thursday partners expressed when they discovered a fairway wood of (at least 10 years) vintage in my bag,

Whilst sorting through some "odds & sods" I recently discovered an Adams Tight Lies ST Strong 4 wood that I bought new all those years ago and after a year or so my younger son borrowed it. Unbeknown to me he returned it (unusual in itself!) and it resided, unloved in the old bag in the garage until last week that is.

What a little beauty! Tight Lies upside down technology without the slot which I personally find detracts from the latest incarnation. It has, for the time being, found a home again.

It set me wondering how many others might have rediscovered a club or clubs that they had put to one side and then found themselves wondering why they ever got rid of it in the first place.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I had one of those but roofedmore shots out of the rough than I care to remember. That aside, have you got a cover for your golf bag or a revolving door:D

D

Deleted member 18588

I had one of those but roofedmore shots out of the rough than I care to remember. That aside, have you got a cover for your golf bag or a revolving door:D

What makes you think there is only one bag!

Seriously you could call it an obsession or a hobby but I don't smoke, hardly drink and gave up chasing women when my wife told me to so with careful buying and decent selling on ebay it doesn't cost me much.

Whether it does my golf any good is another question.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It set me wondering how many others might have rediscovered a club or clubs that they had put to one side and then found themselves wondering why they ever got rid of it in the first place.

as a leftie I don't bother to get rid of my old clubs (ever) and, by a strange coincidence, as of last week the only club in the bag that was in there at all last year is the putter! All the shafts are lighter and I'm swinging more comfortably with them all (at the moment!)...

how long it lasts is another question!

LinksTurf

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I have regretted selling old equipment so many times in the past that I've now decided to just keep clubs if I take them out the bag unless they are really unsuited to my swing. Keeping them partly down to the fact that I sometimes now put an old Wilson TPA putter in the bag from 1996 which I gave to my son many years ago. He no longer plays, so I rediscovered it.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Anyone who knows my golfing habits will tell you that I am forever buying new kit so you can imagine the surprise my regular Thursday partners expressed when they discovered a fairway wood of (at least 10 years) vintage in my bag,

Whilst sorting through some "odds & sods" I recently discovered an Adams Tight Lies ST Strong 4 wood that I bought new all those years ago and after a year or so my younger son borrowed it. Unbeknown to me he returned it (unusual in itself!) and it resided, unloved in the old bag in the garage until last week that is.

What a little beauty! Tight Lies upside down technology without the slot which I personally find detracts from the latest incarnation. It has, for the time being, found a home again.

wanted a 3 wood for years, last year I got one..........after 3 mths found it wasn't a patch on my 14 yr old Callaway Steelhead 4+

I usually get asked what was that I just hit- makes a great sound and really cant find anything comparable

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
wanted a 3 wood for years, last year I got one..........after 3 mths found it wasn't a patch on my 14 yr old Callaway Steelhead 4+

I usually get asked what was that I just hit- makes a great sound and really cant find anything comparable

There are some classic FWs and the Steelhead + line are certainly in that category!

Had an Adams 3070 that was pretty similar to the Tight Lies (the 2080 was even more so). Not the most versatile clubs, but good for certain shots. I prefer deeper faced heads. Shaft looks 'interesting' for a FW though

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I'm keeping an eye out for a steelhead III 3 wood, they make the best sounds those old callaways, you just get a really crisp "ping" when you hit them