Recommended a course near(ish) Chichester

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all

Due to have a golf weekend soon at Old Thorns manor with a round on Saturday and Sunday.

Me and the regular PP are going to head in that direction a day earlier and are looking for a course recommendation.

Happy to drive a bit as we're heading over from Hastings/crowborough.

D

Deleted member 23270

Bognor Regis. 3 or 4 really tough holes but loads of birdie chances. Really good fun.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Blackmoor is not far from Old Thorns. Greens are immaculate at the moment as we haven't played on them at all over July and August.:eek: Liphook is the best course in Hampshire, but is pricey. Hayling is definitely worth playing, but try and pick a calm day.

Hankley, Hindhead and Farnham all within easy reach of Old Thorns. Great courses in the area.(y)

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blackmoor is not far from Old Thorns. Greens are immaculate at the moment as we haven't played on them at all over July and August.:eek: Liphook is the best course in Hampshire, but is pricey. Hayling is definitely worth playing, but try and pick a calm day.

Hankley, Hindhead and Farnham all within easy reach of Old Thorns. Great courses in the area.(y)

Is Blackmoor fully open again now mate?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Is Blackmoor fully open again now mate?
It is and the greens are really good. Completely reseeded and the warm wet weather has meant they have grown back very quickly. Played on wednesday and they were perfect ! They were closed all of July and Agust so there is not a pitchmark to be seen ! If you fancy a game let me know.(y)

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is and the greens are really good. Completely reseeded and the warm wet weather has meant they have grown back very quickly. Played on wednesday and they were perfect ! They were closed all of July and Agust so there is not a pitchmark to be seen ! If you fancy a game let me know.(y)

That is great mate, I will be in touch ??????

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That must have been frustrating/annoying, middle of the season and not on the main greens. ?

Visit site

Vouch for this. Played as a guest last week, was very impressed by the recovery especially given what they did look like in June(?) - I played the day before they changed it to temps, and I feared they were as dead as the dodo

On topic… courses near Chichester? West Sussex, Hayling, Littlehampton - depending on your budget, I think that’s probs £100ish, £80ish or £60ish? All thoroughly enjoyable.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

Greens have been very good whenever I’ve played Blackmoor, so they must be incredible now.