Recommendations for a push trolley?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played on Saturday for the first time in a little while and got off to a good start. I faded as the round went on though.

I'm sure there's many reasons for this, but it did get me thinking about whether carrying could be a factor, and I've decided that getting a push trolley would be a good idea.

Storage space is at a bit of a premium for me, so I need something compact. In an ideal world, I'd buy the Big Max Blade as having something that folds flat would be very handy, but I'm not sure I can justify spending £250 - £300 on a push trolley! That's more than my irons cost!

Anyone got any recommendations for a good quality trolley that folds up small? Or to anyone that does have the Big Max Blade, does it somehow justify costing nearly double it's competitors?

It would be good if the one i do go for came with a few accessories built into it, I don't really want to pay out £150 odd for the trolley and then have to pay out £30 for an umbrella holder etc...

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clicgear 3.5.
It's great. How small do you need it to be? Mine goes in the boot of a fiat panda, clubs have to go on the back seat if I have it in there though.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd seen the Z3 and the Clicgear 3.5 online and both look excellent.

Would a carry bag go on the Clicgear ok?

I think I'm going to have to go to AG and take a proper look at each of them. In terms of build quality, I presume both are excellent?

Tree seeker

Medal Winner
Visit site
I recently brought a clickgear rovic rv1c. Although i've only been able to use it once since, i would recommend. Especially if space is an issue. It folds away smaller the 3.5 which allows me to put in the boot along with my clubs.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Regarding a carry bag on the clicgear. I would say it depends. It does have adjustable grippers that help to hold a bag steady and the bungees are good. Some carry bags will have some twisting though.
I had a nike extreme sport carry bag an by chance it has two parts of the leg mechanism that fit perfectly into some "dimples" in the upper cradle, no twisting and fits like it was made for it. Unfortunately it wore out, so have replaced with a sun mountain that fits OK, not as well. But I have bought a trolley bag now so don't care.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I just got a Big Max Zoom at the start of the year and it's my first ever trolley as I have always carried, it cost £110, build quality is amazing and it folds away in literally one second, it also looks great in white, couldn't recommend it enough.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently brought a clickgear rovic rv1c. Although i've only been able to use it once since, i would recommend. Especially if space is an issue. It folds away smaller the 3.5 which allows me to put in the boot along with my clubs.

According to clicgear it is not smaller than the 3.5. It is 1" taller when folded, other dimensions are the same.

TeeItHigh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought the cliche at 3.5 last September and found it to be really well made, really sturdy. It came with a rigid umbrella holder so u don't have to pay extra for the one that rotates and changes angle, the net holder below the handle is really useful to.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my PP has a big max wheeler (the four wheel one)

Did cost him £200 but it is a cracking push trolley and comes with a 5 year warranty and a brolly holder

S

Snelly

Clicgear. I have a Clicgear 3.0 and it is an excellent product.

Highly recommended.

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have the clicgear 3.5 not had a chance to use it yet but it's a very impressive bit of kit

Has the brolly holder included and you can buy loads of extras for them, they also fold up real small

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive just got a big max auto fold. I was so close to getting a clic gear 3.5 but I got the big max for £60 less. Just as well built, all the stuff the clic gear had, bar the net. Would recommend it....

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've a Stewart Z3 with a few months, delighted with it. Folds down very small. And all bags fit perfectly on it which is a big plus in my opinion

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As a trolley hater it says a lot that I purchased the z3, folds small, plenty of accessories, quick release wheels and very simple to use! Will take stand and cart bags with ease, only downside is the brolly holder (see review thread) but there is a two year warranty and I believe any replacements will be the newer design ;)