Recommend a home printer

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone got any recommendation for a decent home printer? Would ideally like a wireless color laser. Mostly used for printitng of kids homework stuff. My challenge with previous printer (mostly HP inkjets) have been that the cartridges are way too expensive and they dry off when not in use.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Would definitely go laser. I have a black and white one, running cost is about £18 a year with toners from ebay. Had it for about 8 years now, best printer I've ever had!
A colour one will obviously be more, but well worth it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Hope you find one

Just looked at PC world, cheapest printer 24.99 (Canon, not bad at all) colour ink cartridge for it.... 19.99

Jeezy peeps!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I am a photographer & have a cheap Canon A3 printer. I don't buy Canon cartridges, I have always bought generic ones from Amazon, for around £4.22 for a pack of 4. I have never had a scrap of trouble in the six or so years I've owned the printer.The only thing i needed to do was to have an ICC profile made for about £20. This corrects the colours perfectly & works with inks from different manufacturers. The quality is stunning for a cheap printer.

I heard a story, possibly apocryphal, from a friend who said he knew someone who visited a factory in the Far East manufacturing ink cartridges. He said that there were a number of production lines. At the end of some, Canon labels were being stuck on the cartridges and, on others, some generic name was going on. My experience certainly suggests that there's little difference.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just ordered HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdw... Reviews look very good. It was for £220 but will get 60 quid cash back. So a very good deal. Also ordered about 200 quid worth of ink - but have a £100 cash back. So overall should be a cracking deal if it is as the reviews suggest.

HP is doing cashbacks on selected models at the moment, so good time for a new printer.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am a photographer & have a cheap Canon A3 printer. I don't buy Canon cartridges, I have always bought generic ones from Amazon, for around £4.22 for a pack of 4. I have never had a scrap of trouble in the six or so years I've owned the printer.The only thing i needed to do was to have an ICC profile made for about £20. This corrects the colours perfectly & works with inks from different manufacturers. The quality is stunning for a cheap printer.

I heard a story, possibly apocryphal, from a friend who said he knew someone who visited a factory in the Far East manufacturing ink cartridges. He said that there were a number of production lines. At the end of some, Canon labels were being stuck on the cartridges and, on others, some generic name was going on. My experience certainly suggests that there's little difference.[/QUOTE]

While researching this, I realised that Samsung printer business has are now been bought out by HP.. so not much difference between their front end bits.