Reading Watford match.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I didn't see the game and am still trying to work out what went on. Your ''professional'' journalists are a waste of space, at times. Maybe one of the forumers could tell me exactly what happened?
Thanks in advance.
Shanker

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Corner or cross came in from the right and a couple of players went for the ball, coming off a Watford player last.

As a result, the Watford defender hooked the ball back out of the box, just as it crossed the dead-ball line, trying to stop a corner being given, but the ball went out of play. The linesman flagged for a goal, despite the guy being about 3 yards wide of the nets (and 3 players being on the line!).

If you go on the telegraph website, there is a video of it on there, I think you need to be on the Championship page.

Its the worst decision I have ever seen, by an absolute mile.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seen a worse one in a Dundee utd Partick thistle game

At a goal mouth scramble from a corner a Utd player blasted the ball into the net from six yards. It hit the frame at the back of the net and came straight back out. A Partick Thistle player PICKED THE BALL UP and handed it to his keeper who then booted it up field. The Utd players celebrated and the thistle players walked dejectedly back to the centre circle. All this time Les Mottram (referee) was mincing his way up the touchline waving play on. He moved to Japan not too long after

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seen a worse one in a Dundee utd Partick thistle game

At a goal mouth scramble from a corner a Utd player blasted the ball into the net from six yards. It hit the frame at the back of the net and came straight back out. A Partick Thistle player PICKED THE BALL UP and handed it to his keeper who then booted it up field. The Utd players celebrated and the thistle players walked dejectedly back to the centre circle. All this time Les Mottram (referee) was mincing his way up the touchline waving play on. He moved to Japan not too long after

I remember this well and here's a clip for those who don't....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI