Radlett Park = The Hertsmere

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf course formerly known as Radlett Park has changed its name to The Hertsmere now. The green fee is only £20 and it appears they don't have membership. When we played at Radlett before I'm sure it cost more than that. Anyone got any inside information on what's happened? Presumably it's changed hands some way or another.

I always quite liked the course but we played it a couple of winters ago and it was a mudbath.

https://www.thehertsmere.co.uk/

sunshine

Visit site
Used to be called Elstree. Everyone I know who has played there says it's a truly dreadful course and they would never return. I guess they keep changing the name every few years in the hope that they will shake off the bad reputation.

Probably best if it went back to being farm land.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Used to be called Elstree. Everyone I know who has played there says it's a truly dreadful course and they would never return. I guess they keep changing the name every few years in the hope that they will shake off the bad reputation.

Probably best if it went back to being farm land.
That bad eh? At least the new price reflects that now. As I say, I'm sure we paid 30 a couple of years back so perhaps 20 is more befitting.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You played it once... did you return?
Have played it at least twice I think. As I said, the last time we went it was in winter and a total mudbath, so I would only play there in summer in future. I didn't mind the layout, it is a shame there's only three par 3's though.

sunshine

Visit site
In the summer it is awful. It gets really baked out and cracks appear all over the fairways. My mates said it was a total lottery, with balls bouncing all over the place.

There are so many other options in the area, I don't really understand why people would travel to play there unless it's on your doorstep.

Unless... are you one of those people who preferred Dannii Minogue over Kylie?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the summer it is awful. It gets really baked out and cracks appear all over the fairways. My mates said it was a total lottery, with balls bouncing all over the place.

There are so many other options in the area, I don't really understand why people would travel to play there unless it's on your doorstep.

Unless... are you one of those people who preferred Dannii Minogue over Kylie?
Haha. When we were members of Haste Hill it was pay as you play so we weren't tied to playing there most weekends, we used to get out and play all of the courses in the local area at one time or another. Now that we have a 'proper' membership I guess we are a little more selective. Probably won't bother with this one again then. ? I was just curious about the name change and lack of membership options really. Didn't know if it had been acquired by the council, or maybe it always was council. Has quite a nice modern clubhouse to be fair, and the range has top tracer now, although it's only open in daylight hours which I always find a bit pointless. If I had time in daylight I'd just actually play golf - driving range is for the evenings. :LOL:

sunshine

Visit site
When we were members of Haste Hill it was pay as you play so we weren't tied to playing there most weekends, we used to get out and play all of the courses in the local area

I get this. We used to do the same. But personally, for £30 I'd rather visit Stanmore, Mill Hill or Pinner twice ahead of visiting terrible courses just for the sake of it.

sunshine

Visit site
Little bonus, when looking on google I just discovered Radlett Golf Centre, a little driving range down the road from the Arsenal training ground. Looks quite a bit cheaper than the A1 at Borehamwood.