R&A Database or EG?

YandaB

Visit site
There are differences between what is on the R&A site (https://www.randa.org/worldhandicapsystem/Lookup) and the England Golf WHSplatform. Which one is correct? How did they even get to be different? How should it get corrected?
Seems a fundamental core of WHS that there is one single reference site for the CR and Slope details and it's very odd that there can be 2 different values in existence.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Have a look on the US site also, so then you will have a 2 v 1 ?
https://ncrdb.usga.org/

I've found these responsive in the past:
whs.support@englandgolf.org

Oh, and for me, no need for examples - am happy to trust ?
That doesn't necessarily mean the '2' are correct. So which one do you actually 'trust'.
Examples can indicate WHY the discrepancy has occurred - which could well simply be a matter of timing (to updates for example).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What are you using the information for?

Surely the most likely correct information will be found at the club you are visiting.

If they have Eagle charts these will have been compiled from the USGA Database as the others were not available when they did the originals.

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are differences between what is on the R&A site (https://www.randa.org/worldhandicapsystem/Lookup) and the England Golf WHSplatform. Which one is correct? How did they even get to be different? How should it get corrected?
Seems a fundamental core of WHS that there is one single reference site for the CR and Slope details and it's very odd that there can be 2 different values in existence.

If there are differences, I would suspect that R&A - being relatively new to Course Ratings, slope and handicaps - is likely to be wrong. England Golf, via the county authorities, is responsible for setting CRs and slope.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I w
If there are differences, I would suspect that R&A - being relatively new to Course Ratings, slope and handicaps - is likely to be wrong. England Golf, via the county authorities, is responsible for setting CRs and slope.
If we are talking English Clubs then I would expect the EG site to be most up to date and accurate as any changes have to be notified to EG first. I would also expect the MYEG app to b accurate as members are able to submit scores through that medium.

wjemather

Visit site
I noticed a discrepancy with our ratings in October 2020, and learned the following...

Almost certainly, the USGA and R&A lookups are correct as they query the master course rating database.

All course information, including ratings, on EG's WHS platform was originally input not by EG, but by clubs based on rating certificates issued by EG. Unfortunately, these certificates were exported just prior to a change to the rating system (in January 2020) that reduced the ratings for a(n apparently very) small number of courses. The people working on issuing the certificates were (apparently) unaware of the system change, so did not recreate them prior to issue, and the EG WHS platform was seemingly not updated (corrected) later.

We had to request an updated (correct) rating certificate be issued and then have our ratings updated (corrected) on the EG WHS platform.

Last edited: