R 9 adjustment ...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
my brother returned an R9 i gave him after two rounds because he didnt get on with it. im happy enough as i now have another toy to play with and he has given me the wrench to adjust it. he bought that from ebay. which setting would help me to achieve a draw?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm going to go out on a limb here but wouldn't a closed face at impact cause a pull draw?

My (very) limited understanding of ball flight laws is for a flight that draws to the target (Not across it) requires an open face to target to make room for the curve (as well as other variables such as swing path and face/swingpath)?

I'm happy to be corrected if wrong mind you

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
im just confused by the new ball flight laws. do i need the face open to hit a draw with the driver. here it says right setting will help a fade.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the R9 The L settings there are 2 of them going from the N setting both will give a draw flight. One more than the other. But also remember it will increase the loft of the face. Yes I know it sounds daft closing the face to increase loft. But that is how it works.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
oh no.the R9 is 10.5 and the last thing i need is a higher ball flight. i am hitting a 8.5 callaway atm and getting some nice run.i will play about with them all for next couple of weeks then decide which to play all summer. its a nice problem tbh.