quit because of the sherman's?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Was that a "scoring around 36 points pretty regularly" kind of 2, or a "scoring 25 points or less pretty regularly" kind of 2????
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

I used to be not too bad at the game, now I'm absolute poop,.. although I still knock it round in less shots than you do :ears:

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
So I went back to the range for a quick 60 balls this afternoon and I'm happy to report ZERO shanks!!!! A couple that were very heely but not a shank. I haven't tried to do anything different, no grip change, not moved distance from the ball.... maybe have the ball slightly further forward but that's it. Everything feels the same.

As per usual I hit the first few wedges decently then hit one dangerously close to the heel, "uh-oh here we go" I thought. Tired to focus on the next shot just to hit it off the toe,....

another heel....

focus, "hit it off the toe"

BLAM - out the middle.

"off of the toe"

WOOSH - another out of the middle.

Picked up the 8 and hit a few, started creeping back to the heel (could see by the flight and by the marks on the club), so again back trying to hit it off the toe, hitting them out of the middle mainly but some heel.

Moved on to the 6 iron, same process, even managed to get one right off the toe of the club. Last few shots just swung and thought middle of club and off they flew.

I've thought about it since and I would say that I've been thinking so much about other things, that I "lost" where my clubface was. I've had to go and learn to find it again. Maybe it will take a few weeks of thinking about it before I can just swing but I've not made any swing changes. I'm a mid/high handicap golfer, my swing is a mishmash of timing, technique and luck, I think I just got too caught up in the process and lost sight of the most basic aim - hit the ball with the clubface.

Anyway that was a few hectic weeks I can tell you. Merry Christmas to you all.

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
the_coach is the one that sorted my J arthurs out- the man knows what he's talking about as it could be a combination of things. Main thing is its working as I know your pain. When I was shanking even 3 irons I knew I was in trouble.

keep checking alignment and posture at the range as when that is off that's one of the quickest ways to start hitting badly

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So I went back to the range for a quick 60 balls this afternoon and I'm happy to report ZERO shanks!!!! A couple that were very heely but not a shank. I haven't tried to do anything different, no grip change, not moved distance from the ball.... maybe have the ball slightly further forward but that's it. Everything feels the same.

As per usual I hit the first few wedges decently then hit one dangerously close to the heel, "uh-oh here we go" I thought. Tired to focus on the next shot just to hit it off the toe,....

another heel....

focus, "hit it off the toe"

BLAM - out the middle.

"off of the toe"

WOOSH - another out of the middle.

Picked up the 8 and hit a few, started creeping back to the heel (could see by the flight and by the marks on the club), so again back trying to hit it off the toe, hitting them out of the middle mainly but some heel.

Moved on to the 6 iron, same process, even managed to get one right off the toe of the club. Last few shots just swung and thought middle of club and off they flew.

I've thought about it since and I would say that I've been thinking so much about other things, that I "lost" where my clubface was. I've had to go and learn to find it again. Maybe it will take a few weeks of thinking about it before I can just swing but I've not made any swing changes. I'm a mid/high handicap golfer, my swing is a mishmash of timing, technique and luck, I think I just got too caught up in the process and lost sight of the most basic aim - hit the ball with the clubface.

Anyway that was a few hectic weeks I can tell you. Merry Christmas to you all.

Glad to hear it's back but sadly you can never say never with these pesky things