i'm baaaackk!! However my game apparently isn't!

Sir Scoop-A-Lot

Head Pro
Visit site
So I had taken a little time away from the game initially due to work comittments and more recently due to having my first child.

I decided its time to get back swinging and well.... what a disaster! From playing approx twice a week to nearly 3 months out I have managed to go from playing at 22 hcp to taking over 50 shots for 9 holes...

Anybody else taken a break and had such a devastating outcome?

I am hoping that with a couple of rounds under my belt it will all start coming back together.... I REALLY HOPE!!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lessons and managing expectation.

I was just scraping round in under 100 earlier this year. Managed to break 80 and shoot low 90s frequently thanks to lessons and regular range and practice green work.

Best thing I did was buy alignment sticks however, the only thing between me and a good round was getting my body, swing plane and target back in alignment.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Welcome back. Be patient. Maybe a refresher lesson to check the basics but just enjoy being out there again. The longer nights (sadly) are coming and so if you can't get on the course (snow, waterlogging etc) then you'll have plenty of time to get the swing back