Quick Rules question

J5MBF

Head Pro
Visit site
Righto,

At my club, the first hole runs alongside the driving range. The only thing seperating the fairway rough and the range area is a net/fence. The ball can sometimes shoot through into the range or sometimes if it slowed before it settles by the net/fence. What are the rules here regarding a drop as no shot can be made?

ps, they are in the process of changing the course to prevent this issue i believe.

Cheers

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
is it white staked as OOB?

I would say if its not, and you cant play a shot due to the fence, then you need to take drop and a penalty. if it goes into the range, same would go i would say.

PS> i dont know the exact rules on this, thats is just what i would do...

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would imagine its considered a boundary even if its just a net .2 options , play as it is .. or if as you say it is not possible to play then unfortunatly its 2 club lenght drop not nearer the hole for a penalty drop ..

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your local rules (either on the scorecard or on the notice board) should define the status of the driving range and the fence between the course and the driving range. Logically the range would be out of bounds and, in the absence of white posts or lines, the fence denotes the start of out of bounds.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trent Park has this set up, though there the bigger problem is the number of balls coming through from the range. If you run up against the fence your ball could be any of 20 or more so they allow a free drop. One for the committee.