Quick ball comparison, just to silence my own mind :)

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
another massive fan of the Wilson ball range. I really like the FG Tour X, but more recently find myself sticking with the DX3 great value and feel around the greens

Just done the online ball fitting for titleist, wilson and bridgestone for a bit of fun. Results as follows

Titleist - Pro V1 (regardless of what criteria I entered)
Bridgestone - E6
Wilson - DX3

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The titleist ball selector will always offer prov1 or prov1x as the best option. It's designed to. Titleist believe that every one would benefit from playing a tour ball, if they can afford it. They believe that the benefits of this type of ball are not restricted to low handicaps, or guys with million miles an hour swing speeds.

Bridgestone take the opposite view, that the ball should be tailored to the style of play or swing speed of the user.

Which ethos is correct? Who knows.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The titleist ball selector will always offer prov1 or prov1x as the best option. It's designed to. Titleist believe that every one would benefit from playing a tour ball, if they can afford it. They believe that the benefits of this type of ball are not restricted to low handicaps, or guys with million miles an hour swing speeds.

Bridgestone take the opposite view, that the ball should be tailored to the style of play or swing speed of the user.

Which ethos is correct? Who knows.

its not that long ago that Titeist did this as well. I remember there was a Titleist guy at the GM Castle Stuart Forum meet and he asked a few questions and dished out balls from that Info.

Trouble is most lied to get Prov 1 and X's ;)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I tried the Bridgestone ball selector yesterday, both types (question, and entering LM stats), and both ways it recommended me the 330S when my ss is under 105.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure how many Kent guys on here or nearby but Bridgstone are doing FOC ball fittings next month at both West Malling & Kingshill so for anyone wanting to know what they should be playing (or the stats at least) could be worth a jaunt down there.

I'm going for a giggle plus it means a go on trackman for free,

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure how many Kent guys on here or nearby but Bridgstone are doing FOC ball fittings next month at both West Malling & Kingshill so for anyone wanting to know what they should be playing (or the stats at least) could be worth a jaunt down there.

I'm going for a giggle plus it means a go on trackman for free,

Interesting!