question with regards rolling the wrist over on follow through

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right, cant afford a lesson at the mo, my mate spotted that I dont bring the right hand over after impact so therefor its causing me to hit a lot of shots right or fat or both (I am flipping the clubhead up slightly)

I cant be doing this all the time as on Sunday I was hitting some lovely irons but it definitely was there on a lot of shots

Any drills to ingrain rolling the wrinst or setup/finishes I should be doing to help promote bring the right hand over/round

also can this be because I am left handed and play right handed, i.e the left hand taking over on shots?

if I am talking boolox then please accept my apologies as just acting on an observation made to me :)

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I suffer from the same fault and the pro I'm seeing strengthened my grip a touch as it was slightly weak. He also gave me a few practice drills like the L to L drill, feet together drill and towel/headcover under the left armpit drill.

Obviously I'm not the best person on here to advice people on swing faults being a 18 H/C however these are the drills and advice a gave me for a fault that seems very familiar to yours.

HTH

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Please can you explain the drills for me Richy, will give them a try at the range later

thanks in advance (there ya go Bob, manners cost nowt)

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No probs gibbo.

The L to L is pretty much what Aztecs has posted. The feet together drill is basically hitting balls using a wedge with your feet together. Don't swing too fast otherwise you'll lose balance, this should help releasing the club.

The towel under the left arm is hitting shot with a towel under the left arm ;). All of these should help.

Remember I'm not a pro I'm just passing on drills that I've been shown, if any more experienced people care to offer another advice please chip in

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I could be wrong but I thought good drills for getting the feeling of the release was swinging like a baseball hit ie. straight out in front of you, and hitting balls with your hands a couple of inches apart on the grip.

It's only what I think I remember reading, I've never actually tried them.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tried some of these at the range tonight. L to L drill is really helpful. Easier to get the feel with shorter irons and it will take more than a basket but felt like I really got into a groove with it.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
well driving was very hit and miss today, nailed a few and sliced a few, when I aimed left for slice I hit the bugger straight grrr. Average over 220 yds tho with only about a 3/4 swing. I will succeed :)