question for the GM Technical team, (The other one)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Theoretically yes:) to avoid confusion, they do not come with a big bush

But presumably will latch onto the big bush behind the green much quicker than they will on the flagstick - or even in preference to doing so! :whistle:

And as it happens, that was the way I could tell if my V2 needed a new battery - when the yardage it gave was obviously to the hedge behind a particular green!

Baldy Bouncer

Blackballed
Visit site
I bought my shotsaver SLR500 laser about a year ago, just as my mate was getting a bushnell one for twice the price, mine does EXACTLY what his does, side by side comparison, both lasers measure exactly the same distance to the pin and have a "pinseeker lock-on" mode thingummie jig doohicky.
His had to go back to Bushnell when he got it,because the figures were upside down and back to front, when looking through it!:rofl:
Is his worth twice the price as mine........I DON`T THINK SO.:rolleyes::whistle:

el marko

Head Pro
Visit site
To be fair, he has a point. Its exactly the same with GPS, my watch displays the exact same readings as all the FREE mobile apps out there and i get more info from the apps.

shagster

Head Pro
Visit site
with optics like scopes and bins, you need to pay for quality like swarovski or zeiss, not sure about rangefinders, having only used early models, but the best answer would be to take outside and try them and see how they feel and how they pick up different objects, after all you may not always be looking at a flag

shagster

Glfmagic TechnicalTeam

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
See the thread has calmed down and i am possibly no longer a troll!! wtf and some decent discussion

I looked at a bunch of specs and this was a geniune question as i know where some of the brands actually make their stuff and can OEM my own version with the SAME specs, materials etc for a fraction of what you would pay for the badge.. i was looking for a bit of insight into WHY people pay more for These, its like paying more for your gas or electric, no matter what you pay you are not getting better gas or electric just as when its 176 to the flag and a number flashes up, the number is the number, why pay loads

My thinking was to have a single page website, I mean just a description and buy it button, sell them at 109gbp no sales, no promotions, no discount codes, no uk shipping cost just a quality product for a fair price.

But then I cannot slap bushnell on the side BIG BUSH ahahhah

As a kid the other kids wanted black addidas Samba trainers, i got a 1 pair then did not want them, i only wore black after this, as black trainers for me meant i did not get them dirty and cost 15quid v 50.. its my mentality perhaps but for rangefinders where there is NO performance benefit in paying more, this product must have a market.

Anyone wanting to avoid looking like a pleb can have a VIP model, it says VIP on the side, is exactly the same otherwise but costs loads so you can show people you paid a lot:D

GOLFCARDUK.jpg

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you're in the market for a second hand laser, shopping around on ebay, are you more likely to buy a well known make or one you've never heard of?
So the re-sale value could be a factor in choosing your laser.

its like paying more for your gas or electric, no matter what you pay you are not getting better gas or electric

My neighbours dont know which gas or electric I buy as it doesn't came with a badge

You are assuming the quality is better, do you KNOW this for a fact or is simply an assumption because a brand is big and asks for more money.

You wont stay in business very long if you charge twice the price for a poor quality product, especially these days when people review everything they buy

Last edited:

Glfmagic TechnicalTeam

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you're in the market for a second hand laser, shopping around on ebay, are you more likely to buy a well known make or one you've never heard of?
So the re-sale value could be a factor in choosing your laser.

My neighbours dont know which gas or electric I buy as it doesn't came with a badge

So you care that people you golf with know you have paid extra for the same performance, John Daly once paid 100usd for a 2usd bottle of wine to impress a girl, even he later admitted that was pretty stupid, surely paying for 100gbp or more for a badge is the same thing

Bushnell to use an example do not charge twice the price for a poor quality product, they charge twice the price and the perception is the quality of the product by bushnell means that is has that value, when the number it produces is the same as the half price model, anyone reviewing it will get what they paid for

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

So you care that people you golf with know you have paid extra for the same performance, John Daly once paid 100usd for a 2usd bottle of wine to impress a girl, even he later admitted that was pretty stupid, surely paying for 100gbp or more for a badge is the same thing

Bushnell to use an example do not charge twice the price for a poor quality product, they charge twice the price and the perception is the quality of the product by bushnell means that is has that value, when the number it produces is the same as the half price model, anyone reviewing it will get what they paid for

I hope you arent on a wind up etc etc

But Bushnell is a better quality product regardless of the branding

It may give the same number as another laser but it does it quicker , clearer and adds in the jolt

Its like say a fiesta must be the same as a ferrari because they can both do the national speed limit so why but a Ferrari - because its a better product

You can see the quality with the Bushnell compared to others , the ease of use, even the styling.

The top golfers in the world throughout practise rounds mainly use the Bushnell with most of the others using the Nikon - why ? because they trust the quality of the product and the results it produces.

With your "bigbush" cheap laser can you be 100% that the distance been given is correct ? Can you be certain its on the flag - can you trust it ? I would say no but i trust the Bushnell because the quality of the product is clear.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
My post was asking where do you draw the line if you want to save money?
You could buy the cheapo laser and spend the money saved on an expensive bottle of wine.
Or
You could make your own wine and buy the posh laser.

If people work hard and treat themselves every now and then, why not?