Question about Powakaddy noise

bradleywedge

Visit site
Does anyone own the Powakaddy CT6 electric trolley? If so does yours make a whirring sound when you have the motor running? The reason I ask is because my friend has the Powakaddy FX and his is silent when has his motor running when the cart is in motion.

Just wondering if mine is the norm to make a sound when running.

Reactions: Mia

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Go on YouTube .
Noise can come from a lot of places .
Motor ,gearbox , wheel hubs etc.
A service might identify it might just need greasing.

bradleywedge

Visit site
received this prompt reply via email:

Thank you for your email. The motor fitted to the new FX/CT range trolleys is a new more powerful 30V Motor, historically we have relied on a 12V Motor.

Both motors do take time to bed in when they are new and of course due to the power difference the period of time for the bedding in of the 30V motor is slightly longer, during this time the pitch of the motor is slightly different to a well bedded in motor the same was true of the 12V motor.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never heard of that before.
Normally a new electric motor is silent .
It starts getting noisy when it’s worn.
Maybe they don’t bench test and run anymore.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mate had a CT6 and had the same problem. Most people I know that have had powakaddy's went with a motocaddy and never looked back.

AliMc

Visit site
Mate had a CT6 and had the same problem. Most people I know that have had powakaddy's went with a motocaddy and never looked back.
In my group of approx 15+ powakaddy easily outnumbers motocaddy by probably 3 to 1 and I've never heard of any issues, maybe we've just been lucky

Robby

Visit site
Does anyone own the Powakaddy CT6 electric trolley? If so does yours make a whirring sound when you have the motor running? The reason I ask is because my friend has the Powakaddy FX and his is silent when has his motor running when the cart is in motion.

Just wondering if mine is the norm to make a sound when running.

Robby

Visit site
Yes,
Used my brand new ct6 today and was surprised to hear the noise from the motor! So much for whisper quiet, my old powakaddy freeway sport which is 15 years old was running next to it (sold it to my pal) was silent in comparison !!!
Is this normal/typical???

bradleywedge

Visit site
Yes,
Used my brand new ct6 today and was surprised to hear the noise from the motor! So much for whisper quiet, my old powakaddy freeway sport which is 15 years old was running next to it (sold it to my pal) was silent in comparison !!!
Is this normal/typical???

I did actually email powakaddy about it (posted the reply here somewhere, maybe on another thread) they said it takes time to bed in and it should be quieter over time. I'm still waiting for that time to come, but doesn't bother me too much now, to be honest

Robby

Visit site
Thanks for that, so it didn’t get better? I’ve now the dilemma of returning it or living with it, I’m probably going to send back !

Piert123

Visit site
Thanks for that, so it didn’t get better? I’ve now the dilemma of returning it or living with it, I’m probably going to send back !
did you return yours? I am very disappointed with the noise of mine, expected it to be silent and it’s far from it!!

Reactions: Mia

platty

Visit site
I got a Ct6 in May this year and it is very noisy. Reported to Powakaddy with a video but they claim to have run a similar test in the factory and got same result. Definitely more noisy than my friend’s Powakaddy. Will wait and see if it ’beds in’ otherwise I’ll keep pestering them. Find it very distracting.