Powakaddy - How quiet is whisper quiet?

howlsatthemoon

Visit site
Hi folks, have just purchased a Powakaddy FX7 trolley but even though it is advertised as having a whisper quiet motor (that seemingly has won awards) mine sounds rather noisy compared to a friends FW5 model. Before I get onto Powakaddy can anyone who has any of the FX range of trolleys give me their experience of how "quiet" their trolley is? Thanks.

M.Harmon

Visit site
I have the CT6 and like above you can hear it but it is not ridiculous loud, just a quiet hum. My PP has a Motocaddy M5 and I cannot hear that thing. I will say that I find some noise a benefit because when I press the button to stop it and walk away I can hear the motor wind down so I know it is going to stop. If it were silent and I did not press the button properly I would have to watch to make sure it stopped.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Any golf trolley motor will make noise depending on load, my ancient motocaddy M1 pro is quieter than my mates 2020 powakaddy fx7, the only whisper quiet trolley would be a push trolley imo

howlsatthemoon

Visit site
Thanks for all replies, just thought that when they say whisper quiet you would have to listen very closely to hear it. Anyways won't have to listen to it this weekend as having tried to charge the battery the charger has decided to give up the ghost, not bad for a week old trolley :(:(

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all replies, just thought that when they say whisper quiet you would have to listen very closely to hear it. Anyways won't have to listen to it this weekend as having tried to charge the battery the charger has decided to give up the ghost, not bad for a week old trolley :(:(
Take it back and swap it for a motocaddy,