PowaKaddy or Motocaddy

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
And get a Lithium, in the long run it's cheaper, and absolutely it's better.

Interested to know more about this, as my current acid battery is on it's last legs. Lithium replacements are in the region of £220, which in comparison to a replacement acid at £80 is significant and would make quite a dent in my wallet.

Why is it cheaper and why is it better? I'm presuming that you are referring to;

The charging time - not an issue for me, i don't care if i need to charge overnight.
The longevity - My (current) acid battery has lasted for over 6 years.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I like Motocaddy, a really good company in my opinion and I have the S1. I use it all the time. I think that lithium is lighter and cleaner and it was only a few quid more to go lithium when I bought the trolley brand new.

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Interested to know more about this, as my current acid battery is on it's last legs. Lithium replacements are in the region of £220, which in comparison to a replacement acid at £80 is significant and would make quite a dent in my wallet.

Why is it cheaper and why is it better? I'm presuming that you are referring to;

The charging time - not an issue for me, i don't care if i need to charge overnight.
1. OK maybe not, but say you've forgotten and just have time for a quick splash & dash? Or away a weekend somewhere etc. The shortness of the charging time is a major boon imo.
2. You're lucky I'd say if your battery has suffered no degradation in that time and can still do the full 18. Remember that the Motocaddy lithium is a "27" hole battery, in practice (having done so this year) after 5 years my battery still managed 42 holes before conking out, and that's on a fairly mossy par 72 course.

3. It's lighter to lug about, it's smaller, and it stores and carries within the trolley itself.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

lithium is £220 you say and £80 for lead acid.. id say the lithium will last a lot longer, mine is 4 years old and still going strong. People I play with have gone through 3 lead batteries in those 4 years

lot lighter to carry

quicker to charge

dont get battery shadows

someone once told me most lead batteries are recycled now days so the "new" one you buy has been used before so thats why they stop working sooner and sooner now

if you dont buy lithium you will regret it long term

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For these that have the C2 ...

Watching some videos on it. One mentioned there is some play on the handle, as in it moves a little freely up and down. Does this make the trolley feel loose at all?

I am not too sure if I would like that. won't be able to test these before making a purchase so need to get it right first time.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a C2 and yes there is a slight amount of play in the handle but I don't notice it on the course, only when putting it up.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For these that have the C2 ...

Watching some videos on it. One mentioned there is some play on the handle, as in it moves a little freely up and down. Does this make the trolley feel loose at all?

I am not too sure if I would like that. won't be able to test these before making a purchase so need to get it right first time.
its not a problem in the day to day use of the trolley, there is some slight play in the handle, but no problem in using the trolley

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm looking forward to putting my new FW7 GPS into play this weekend. Funded a decent part of it by selling my Garmin X40 Golf Band, The free Powakaddy golf bag, A free Powakaddy accessory and my existing Stewart R1 Push.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Went for the powakaddy compact c2 in the end. With the 20% off on ebay shops today I had to pull the trigger.

Toyed with the idea of the fw7 but I like the idea of the smaller folding trolley and don't need a GPS function built in.

Went for the 36hole lithium bad bay battery. Happy days.

KenVal

Visit site
Just recently purchased the new Powerkaddy FX7 gps ebs model, which is a nice looking trolley but ebs is dissapointing compared to the old fw7s model as the braking is “ automatic” and not now selectable and unfortunately insufficient braking if you have steep paths or slopes on your course...pulls me down even on setting 1 !! ebs not fit for purpose so recommend you avoid this extra cost function.